What are your five favourite bands?

neither do I, I can never understand the appeal of listening to some castrati wailing about wizards and dragons over ridiculous guitar masturbation.

Ok I'll admit that was funny... I didn't like Power Metal either at first, thought exactly like you... too corny, with all the demons and wizards and ghosts and hobits...lol

But it grew on me and I like Blind Guardian. Not sure I would totally categorize Iced Earth as Power Metal though, definetly have some Power Metal influences, but not sure if they are 100% Power Metal.

neither do I, I can never understand the appeal of listening to some castrati wailing about wizards and dragons over ridiculous guitar masturbation.
I just don't like the vocals or generally the music except the solos, I've heard power metal that sounded thrashy and I think to myself "This is going to be good" then the power metal vocals kick in and I'm like :yuk:

ohio grinder is such a hypocritical twat, he tells everybody to be open minded towards grindcore and not to generalize all grindcore as worthless noise, yet he discusses power metal in the same ignorant and stereotypical manner.

ohio grinder is such a hypocritical twat, he tells everybody to be open minded towards grindcore and not to generalize all grindcore as worthless noise, yet he discusses power metal in the same ignorant and stereotypical manner.

Yeah well everybody has their opinion. It's good to be open minded and frequently try and listen to new things, you may not like it the first, second or third time but who knows you may grow to like it.

My knowledge in Grindcore is limited but I'm familar with Carcass, their pretty good, other than I don't know much about that style, I did attend a Grindcore festival once, it was ok, some of it was cool, others I would classify as noise.

Grindcore is extremely narrow, and not in the least impressive musically.I couldn't listen to Carcass until they dropped alot of the Grindcore in favor of Death metal.

Originally Posted by ohiogrinder

THere we are with the, OMG it sounds so gayyyyy!!!!

I never said it was gay, only ridiculous. its just not my cup of tea. and no, I am not homophobic. case closed.

well, its like 100 of you power metal fans vs. me, the single grindcore fan on this board.

napalm death is fucking awesome. Grindcore is not bad as long as you ignore the worthless noise core and gore grind bands like anal cunt, cock and ball torture, etc... These bands are pretty fuckin terrible all around (vocals, riffs, constant blastbeats)

but bands like pig destroyer and napalm death play some fucking twisted and crushing grindcore that is just awesome

napalm death is fucking awesome. Grindcore is not bad as long as you ignore the worthless noise core and gore grind bands like anal cunt, cock and ball torture, etc... These bands are pretty fuckin terrible all around (vocals, riffs, constant blastbeats)

but bands like pig destroyer and napalm death play some fucking twisted and crushing grindcore that is just awesome

I like noisecore but its not like I'm forcing any of you to listen to it. try some more accessable grind bands like Assuck (one of Scott Burns' and Chuck Shuldiner's (yes, THAT Chuck) favorite grindcore bands) and Phobia.

At The Gates
Sacramentum
Eucharist
Lykathea Aflame
Alcest

I dunno, it's extremely hard to do this sort of thing so this list is probably inaccurate.

what?! you don't like Incantation or Morbid Angel?

No i like morbid angel but i dont really find them great. If i pick old school death metal i will listion to death or obituary. As for incantation...they are rather boring.

btw i want your record collection.

While I agree with you to an extent, there are plenty of perfectly enjoyable and talented power metal bands, but this same argument can be applied to grindcore, so shut up.

Vacant_Planets said:
THere we are with the, OMG it sounds so gayyyyy!!!! arguement, honestly, and I am a fan of quite a few DM and BM bands, the grunting sounds like something you'd hear in brokeback mountain, only without the accents.

You - just shut up.

This will probably just fall on deaf ears, but stop fucking with everyone's music taste.

I never said it was gay, only ridiculous. its just not my cup of tea. and no, I am not homophobic. case closed.

I'm hardly inclined to believe you. However again you find men grunting entertaining, yet this is not ridiculous? Both them grunting and you being attracted to the sound is perposterous!

You - just shut up.

This will probably just fall on deaf ears, but stop fucking with everyone's music taste.

A, these forums are for this sort of discussion, B. THere are plenty of others doing it, including yourself, and C oh no not deaf ears, I understand you're trying to play the hero, but please save it for those who have no idea of the shit storm you're trying to create, thanks. :)

napalm death has some fucking awesome vocals, they are so heavy and so loud and so furious while still being audible (he pronounces the words properly).

seriously, pick up "the code is red... Long live the code", you will be stunned by how listenable it is, there is even some traces of melody buried deep within the album's chaotic and brutal riffs/rhythms.

I have no idea how grinder can consistently listen to this stuff though, it takes so much energy to be able to follow and enjoy it. *puts on pink floyd*

napalm death has some fucking awesome vocals, they are so heavy and so loud and so furious while still being audible (he pronounces the words properly).

seriously, pick up "the code is red... Long live the code", you will be stunned by how listenable it is, there is even some traces of melody buried deep within the album's chaotic and brutal riffs/rhythms.

I have no idea how grinder can consistently listen to this stuff though, it takes so much energy to be able to follow and enjoy it. *puts on pink floyd*

I found it unbearable after about 1 minuteor so, but I've long since disliked them. Chug chug chug, bore.