What are your five favourite bands?

Guns n roses
Opeth
As blood runs black
Elysia
abigail williams

Not criticizing your tastes or anything, but didn't that Abigail band only release one EP and then break up? Can you really say they're a top 5 favourite band of yours only based on a few songs...?

You don't know? Aye, the album is complete, but appearently Tim doesn't want to release it on the Record Label that they were in contract with, they are still fueding with Tim over this and other things ffrom wha I heard.

You don't know? Aye, the album is complete, but appearently Tim doesn't want to release it on the Record Label that they were in contract with, they are still fueding with Tim over this and other things ffrom wha I heard.

this band had so much potential if chuck didn't die (and then assuming richard continued to play metal). They could have been one of the best prog/power metal bands ever.

I'm hardly inclined to believe you. However again you find men grunting entertaining, yet this is not ridiculous? Both them grunting and you being attracted to the sound is perposterous!

A, these forums are for this sort of discussion, B. THere are plenty of others doing it, including yourself, and C oh no not deaf ears, I understand you're trying to play the hero, but please save it for those who have no idea of the shit storm you're trying to create, thanks. :)

Ha Ha Ha, that was funny... nicely said though.

this band had so much potential if chuck didn't die (and then assuming richard continued to play metal). They could have been one of the best prog/power metal bands ever.

I thought the first album was great, they could've always had Gene sign on for this though too! It's possible it'll see the light one day, but not anytime soon.

No i like morbid angel but i dont really find them great. If i pick old school death metal i will listion to death or obituary. As for incantation...they are rather boring.

btw i want your record collection.

wow...make me an offer and we can do a trade.

eh, I like Incantation. if you find them boring, then fine, thats you, but I like them. I have to be in a certain mindset to listen to them though.

Wow, 90% of you guys have just metal bands. I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but you might want you expand your tastes. Just a lil' bit...

King Crimson
Opeth
Skinny Puppy
The Jesus Lizard
Limbonic Art
Converge
Suffocation
Brian Eno
Tool
Windir
Testament

Sorry, can't pick five.

Wow, 90% of you guys have just metal bands. I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but you might want you expand your tastes. Just a lil' bit...

King Crimson
Opeth
Skinny Puppy
The Jesus Lizard
Limbonic Art
Converge
Suffocation
Brian Eno
Tool
Windir
Testament

Sorry, can't pick five.

ah, someone else on this board who likes The Jesus Lizard.

King Crimson
Opeth
Skinny Puppy
The Jesus Lizard
Limbonic Art
Converge
Suffocation
Brian Eno
Tool
Windir
Testament

Sorry, can't pick five.

This is a metal forum, so that's what's implied in the thread title. Most people here have delved into other genres, I assure you, myself included. I've only listened to metal for about two years.

^Same here, since Summer 2005, my first extreme metal song was Morbid Angel-Dawn of The Angry, I'd always listen to it before going swimming. :lol:

^Same here, since Summer 2005, my first extreme metal song was Morbid Angel-Dawn of The Angry, I'd always listen to it before going swimming. :lol:

Funny, they were my first taste of extreme metal too. I remember seeing the Beavis and Butthead spoof of "God of Emptiness" when I was a teenager. That part where he's like "BOW TO ME FAITHFULLY! BOW TO ME SPLENDIDLY!" It freaked the shit outta me but I was hooked.