What band do you love but hate the singer???

Ouch. King slagged hard :(

Blind Guardian is one of those bands for me as well although his voice works for some songs.

For some reason I've always liked the unique vocalists like in Nevermore, Jag Panzer, KD/MF, Vio-lence, and Bathory. It created their identity and etched them into metal history for me.

As for King, I was immediately taken by his vocals and always have been. I actually had the cops called on me once because I was doing a loud falsetto (I can get pretty damn high when warmed up) at night in a park and someone heard it and thought a girl was getting raped :S

Psychonaut said:
As for King, I was immediately taken by his vocals and always have been. I actually had the cops called on me once because I was doing a loud falsetto (I can get pretty damn high when warmed up) at night in a park and someone heard it and thought a girl was getting raped :S

:lol:

Psychonaut said:

Psycho that one is pure :worship:

As for KD, take for example my favorite song 'A Mansion In Darkness', is he stay with only one of the three voices he makes at the beginning, I'll be alright with the guy. Is not as much the falsetto as the change in voices which annoys me.

As much as I love Dream Theater, James Labrie's voice does get on my nerves at times. Especially on some of the live recordings. He has gotten better as the years go by, both live and studio stuff.

SickBoy said:
Jesus, I never thought I'd actually stumble upon someone who *doesn't* like Tim Aymar's voice... o_O
maybe that's because I expected something like Death when I got
the Control Denied album. ;) but actually, you just made me dig
up that album and give it another listen... :)

although i love Devil Doll, Mr.Doctor gets on my nerves from time to time... and same goes for King Diamond in Mercyful Fate and King Diamond... but their music still r0x :D

Agreed about the Dreamtheatre stuff. And Axl Rose is one hell of a shitty human being, he brought GNR down (I'm not a huge fan but I like Slash somewhat). Van Hagar... they need David Lee Roth back as their singer too

Regulus, you're my kind of people. I don't know what you do for a livin' but it's safe to say you're a workin' hard playin' hard sonofabitch who knows shit from shinola! There is only ONE Van Halen...and I like Sammy! Solo!

Also, a group I have to put down is DIMMU BORGIR!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked Death Cult, but the vox ruin it for me!

IcedMadness said:
I would have to go with Arch Enemy. I totally dig their guitar work, but imagine the vocals with a taste of early James Hetfield and some Ripper Owens.

:hotjump: :hotjump:

Exactly my thoughts, I wish they give Listerine to Angela or find a suitable singer. I even prefer Liiva over Gossow.

Griffin- said:
If I hate the singer I can't love the band

Actually it's a rhetorical/theoretical question. I doubt anyone can sit and hear music hating everytime the vocalist opens the mouth.

tedvanfrehley said:
Regulus, you're my kind of people. I don't know what you do for a livin' but it's safe to say you're a workin' hard playin' hard sonofabitch who knows shit from shinola! There is only ONE Van Halen...and I like Sammy! Solo!

Also, a group I have to put down is DIMMU BORGIR!!!!!!!!!!! I really liked Death Cult, but the vox ruin it for me!

lol glad to see another Van Halen fan. As for what I do for a livin, I play guitar, give lessons and just stick it to The Man in general, LOL

Wyvern said:
Actually it's a rhetorical/theoretical question. I doubt anyone can sit and hear music hating everytime the vocalist opens the mouth.
I knew that I just couldn't think of a band like that :lol:
I usually like vocalists others hate. Tim Baker (Cirith Ungol), Grimmett (Grim Reaper), Sacred Steel etc