What bands do you make a constant effort to see live everytime they play near you?

besides nevermore?

everytime Sleepytime Gorilla Museum comes to town, I'm there. I already saw em twice this year, and will be seeing them for a third time in August

King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Did you ever get the chance to see MF? I could only imagine what kind of an experience that must be. I have loads of bootlegs, which would make me even more eager to see them, or at least see Satan's Fall done live.

Did you ever get the chance to see MF? I could only imagine what kind of an experience that must be. I have loads of bootlegs, which would make me even more eager to see them, or at least see Satan's Fall done live.

Yeah, I saw them on the In the Shadows and the Dead Again tours. During the first KD show I saw (Them tour) they did a medley of MF songs, including part of Satan's Fall, which was cool enough. But then during the In the Shadows show King asked, "OK, how about some older songs?" (massive cheering) "Satan's Fall?" (even more cheering) "The whole fucking shit?" (ballistic cheering). I just about dropped a load in my pants. :loco: Satan's Fall was my favorite song of all time, and still is to this day. After the show, I was walking out with my brother and I told him "I can die happy now, I've seen all of Satan's Fall live".

Now, if Nevermore manages to put The Learning in the setlist for the Aug. 3rd show, it will be almost as good as that.

Yeah, I saw them on the In the Shadows and the Dead Again tours. During the first KD show I saw (Them tour) they did a medley of MF songs, including part of Satan's Fall, which was cool enough. But then during the In the Shadows show King asked, "OK, how about some older songs?" (massive cheering) "Satan's Fall?" (even more cheering) "The whole fucking shit?" (ballistic cheering). I just about dropped a load in my pants. :loco: Satan's Fall was my favorite song of all time, and still is to this day. After the show, I was walking out with my brother and I told him "I can die happy now, I've seen all of Satan's Fall live".
In quite a few bootlegs, he always says that they'll only play part of it. Then in the middle of the song, he stops, the fans start cheering for more, he asks them if they would like to see the rest, then the band finishes it.
Must have been amazing to not only see them play it, but also with Michael Denner and Timi Hansen (at least I think he did the In The Shadows tour). The only thing that could top that, is if Kim Ruzz sat behind the kit

Do you remember who toured with King for Them? I think it was Megadeth and Flotsam And Jetsam, but I'm not sure. I remember someone showed me a picture of his ticket from the show a while ago.

Don't think I've ever made an effort for individual bands, not more then the effort it takes to drive a couple hours anyway. As for festivals, I went to Heathen Crusade 2 in MN and Wacken '05. I suppose those required some effort.

hoping to be able to catch Enslaved this fall. and maybe Behemoth in a couple weeks in Boulder, CO. its like an off- ozzfest show. so I shouldn't have to endure so much utter shit.

Do you remember who toured with King for Them? I think it was Megadeth and Flotsam And Jetsam, but I'm not sure. I remember someone showed me a picture of his ticket from the show a while ago.

It was just Flotsam & Jetsam and it was the last night of their tour together. F&J's last song was Der Fuhrer and while they were playing it the KD guys came out and started dismantling their equipment. It fucked up the song, but it was pretty funny.

It was just Flotsam & Jetsam and it was the last night of their tour together. F&J's last song was Der Fuhrer and while they were playing it the KD guys came out and started dismantling their equipment. It fucked up the song, but it was pretty funny.
I would have done anything to see him back in the 80's. Especially for the Fatal Portrait tour, when God (aka Michael Denner) was still in the band.
I love the Abigail bootlegs I have, but Michael Moon, or whatever his name is, completely fucks up the leads, and sounds terrible.
Them was a great tour though. I'm pretty sure I have a bootleg of it somewhere.

you talking about shaolin? no they don't actually tour. they're a local band here, buddies of chromie and i :kickass:
Cool that they do local shows. They're a pretty good band, and excellent musicians.
I guess that's how Matt gets the chance to play, while he isn't busy with King's band

matt was in bat castle too, don't know if you've heard of them. in fact most of shaolin was in bat castle. BC just recently dismembered a bit though, leaving only brian (green dragon from shaolin) & their chick keyboardist. brian's the guy in some of derick's bday pics, brilliant musician.

..but yes, bat castle! :headbang:

this is gonna sound funny, but in NE Wisconsin we don't get all too many bands, and rarely do we get repeats often. Had to go a couple hours to see Jeff and the gang, and of course I'd do that again, but that was once in 2 years. One band that I'll manage to see every time they're around, and they used to be around a LOT, is Cheap Trick :) They are from Wisconsin, and they always rock the house - hehe. They even opened for STP once, that was a strange combination! I haven't heard anything about them in a while, but they're all getting old... I have a T-shirt that says "2000 minus 14"... which would make that sucker from 1986! It's a reliable old nightshirt :) I know, lame-o. that's why I'm not even bothering to sign in...

There's never any good shows in Oregon. I'd have to go to Seattle for the really good ones. A lot of rap and emo faggots around here.