What do you do in real life beside music/studio stuff ?

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
Yeah, was wondering. I'm sure a few of you guys studied in studio stuff but who and what about the others ? Please give us a description

I'm still a student, one year left in electrical engineering but not to be an engineer, just a tech. It's a bit consufing because there are many names for this (industrial electronic, electrotechnic, electrical engineering). Basically, I'm studying electrodynamics and instrumentations so I'll probably work in a power compagny with huge motors/alternators (hydro-electricity). At first, I thought I would build guitar amps and stuff but will program automates and stuff like motors and do control procedures. Lol that's cool but not what I thought I was going to do.

I am a student going for information systems and technology. Basically networking and all that other uninteresting stuff but it pays bank if you get the right position. Other than that I work tech support for a luggage company and I skate and go fishing on my free time. Oh, and lots and lots of sex

Yeah, was wondering. I'm sure a few of you guys studied in studio stuff but who and what about the others ? Please give us a description

I'm still a student, one year left in electrical engineering but not to be an engineer, just a tech. It's a bit consufing because there are many names for this (industrial electronic, electrotechnic, electrical engineering). Basically, I'm studying electrodynamics and instrumentations so I'll probably work in a power compagny with huge motors/alternators (hydro-electricity). At first, I thought I would build guitar amps and stuff but will program automates and stuff like motors and do control procedures. Lol that's cool but not what I thought I was going to do.

Thats cool building a transformer seems cooler don't you think ? I would vote for megatron:Shedevil:

I sling lattes for Caribou Coffee. Its great, I think if I worked in music or the arts in general it would kinda shit on my passion to do it a bit.

I work at a very small independent auto repair shop and occasionally work with the production crew at a really big venue nearby. Sometimes I make some cash playing music in cover bands. I would like to go back to school or educate myself further in something not related to music so I can get my 'life' together.

I was just coming here to create the same thread! Weird.

I am a lecturer at my local music college. I teach theory, genre studies, technology (studio and live sound) and do the guitar and bass tuition, oh and band mentoring.
I operate my studio part time but the college hires it on a weekly basis as the venue for the recording portion of my course and also to record the original music the students write.
I also do live sound on the odd weekend but only now and then as weekend is family time with my wife and 2 beautiful kids. :D

Software Engineer for a biggish company, mostly Unix stuff, processing and debugging B2B messages (invoices, orders, etc), and some light programming. Hoping to do a lot more programming than this, hehe. It's a simple job, but pays decently well and there's lots of free time during the day also (right now, for example) to check out some online stuff and for self-learning.

Not too bad :)

E:
and free coffee from the espresso machine (latte, cappuccino, viennese, mocha, etc)...

self-employed marketing consultant here, doing almost everything from logodesign to webdesign and all
the SEO shit and so on :D

Most of the marketing agencies here just want cheap slaves who work 24/7 and pay shit so I thought it
would be a good idea to being self-employed, it's nice, but I am still a cheap slave...
Seems to start working out atm, there are enough potential clients out there, I am decent at what I am
doing and keep my shit together - and I really like it actually, would go crazy if I had to work in the music
industry.

Project Engineer for a cutting tool manufacturer who makes router bits, end mills, and drills for the automotive, woodworking, and aerospace industries. Im responsible for the tool coating division (like the yellow tipped drills you see at the hardware store, only better).