What Genre Is Opeth?

BTW, completely off either topic (genre, and genocide), everyone go listen to Precious Lie, listen to the breakdown at the end...i put a hole in my window...started swinging \m/ I <3 God Forbid \m/ alright fixed the window a few weeks ago tho :p

God Forbid sucks the AIDS-dripping cock of modern post-thrash/metalcore.

And it's Shroud, not Shadow :D

That was deliberate! I was just making sure you were paying attention.

theyareontome.gif

Pyrus is right. i can't stand any of this "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" bullshit, nor can i stand all those cheap At the Gates copies (*coughDarkestHourcough*). all these bands sound like all they listen to is In Flames and At the Gates (the Killswitch Engage guys have admitted that). how can you make decent music when your influences are limited to 2 metal bands? it's not like they're going to think up anything original or in the least bit fun to listen to.

do us a favor and jump in that oven

Lick your mother's shit off my cockhead, you miserable fagcore cunt. :)

i can't stand any of this "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" bullshit, nor can i stand all those cheap At the Gates copies (*coughDarkestHourcough*). all these bands sound like all they listen to is In Flames and At the Gates (the Killswitch Engage guys have admitted that).

FUCKING A. Popular metal has hit its lowest point since glam.

Pyrus said:
FUCKING A. Popular metal has hit its lowest point since glam.

:erk: I dunno about that. Hardcore/metalcore thankfully hasnt hit my area yet, but the nu-metal wave was a pretty hard knee-to-the-groin for the metal scene around here.

Progressive Death Metal ftw

They're definitely not melodic death metal, they have very little in common with bands like At the Gates, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, etc. besides the fact that they use the same instruments and have harsh vocals.