What has Metal not done?

Sep 20, 2005
What would you be most surprised to hear on a new (not nu) metal CD? what kind of facets of music has metal thus far ignored? or all music for that matter? What truly unique (musical) thing, would you like to hear a band do?

It's an interesting question for me I don't have an answer. I was wondering what you all thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if its been done, and if it were to be done, it has a slim chance of success, but I'd like to hear a live, 1-take recording of free-form improvisational metal music. This would be similar to many jazz recordings, but done it the metal style.

How about a capella metal? :lol:

^ i believe jethro tull did like a 30 min song once
sure they arent really metal but still...
I think metal has just about been pushed about as far it can go, could really hear anymore extreme/brutal music than we already have? i dont think we could

Jazz metal would be nice. Isacaarum - Blow Job Time is a perfect example of mixing jazz with metal, actually grindcore with jazz.

If someone knew the answer to this thread, they wouldn't be saying it here. They would be starting there own band and becoming the pioneers of the "what has not been done with metal " music

Some bands like Liquid Tension Experiment and Spiral Architect have a very jazzy style. LTE has recorded an in-studio half-hour-long improvised jam session on one of their albums but I'm not sure if they ever embarked on such an endeavor live.

Leiland said:
If someone knew the answer to this thread, they wouldn't be saying it here. They would be starting there own band and becoming the pioneers of the "what has not been done with metal " music

*takes note*

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I wouldn't be surprised if its been done, and if it were to be done, it has a slim chance of success, but I'd like to hear a live, 1-take recording of free-form improvisational metal music. This would be similar to many jazz recordings, but done it the metal style.

How about a capella metal? :lol:

I have atempted both myself and was fun, but not very good.

Sometimes its best Metal not mix with other genres...

I"m sticking to my good o' Power and Thrash metal.