What is the band thinking/up to?

I have very little prog metal bands to listen to "meanwhile". Hoping to discover new ones to be honest

There are tons of great recommendations (prog metal and otherwise) on some of the threads here, you'd do well to check some of them out.

maybe I'll check out Opeth I believe thats a good band

Definitely a good idea.

No offense intended, but frankly I've never really understood what the big fucking deal was about Opeth. Yeah, they're great musicians and all, and I won't deny songs like Advent, April Ethereal, Serenity Painted Death, White Cluster, The Leper Affinity, etc. are all really good, but they largely just bore the hell out of me whenever I listen to them for an extended period. When listening to just about any given Opeth album, at the start I'm like "Yeah, this is pretty cool I guess", but then after about 15-20 minutes it's like "Okay, this is getting way too repetitive/dull" and I end up either tuning out or shutting it off.

Again, I respect them as musicians, and they're very good at what they do, but I honestly don't understand why so many people think they're like the best band ever.

I bet romeo is reading these threads and thinking.."should I post a little update" and then going "nahhh lets read few more complains just for laughs" :D

I hope romeo's reading this and actually thinking to announce some update, instead of seeing it as "complains". I mean not trying to speak for anyone here, but we're not complaining, we're expressing our frustration

Im not so worried anymore about the lack of updates though. Still 8 albums full of excitement to listen to by this band, not too bad. I know a band called guns and roses who have had a much longer gap between studio albums

Ugh why did you hafta mention Guns n Roses? :puke::yell::lol:

But really, If by some crazy chance he IS reading this. I don't know if the opinion of roughly eight people will do much in the way of persuading him to release an update. (Not trying to sound pessimistic or offend anyone, I just don't think it'll happen)

Ugh why did you hafta mention Guns n Roses? :puke::yell::lol:

But really, If by some crazy chance he IS reading this. I don't know if the opinion of roughly eight people will do much in the way of persuading him to release an update. (Not trying to sound pessimistic or offend anyone, I just don't think it'll happen)
I meant it in a way that he would see this as an encouragement to release an update at some point, not that he would go and release one right now just because of our discussion in this thread

Before Paradise Lost came out, I used to bitch about the lack of updates.
I don't care anymore, though, and that's not a jab at SX.
I, like others, have taken the time to get into prog/post rock, which I now prefer over prog metal.
It's sad, though... I got into symphony X 11 years ago, AFTER the Odyssey, so I've never witnessed the release of a prog metal gem like Odyssey, V, and Divine.

I love Opeth, btw, including Watershed.
Opeth is nearly its own genre... Nothing sounds like that slew of albums from Still Life to Watershed.

I can't wait for new Pain of Salvation. I'd go as far as to say they're my favourite band. The Perfect Element is my favourite album of all time, with 12:5 being my fave live album of all time too.

I can't wait for new Pain of Salvation. I'd go as far as to say they're my favourite band. The Perfect Element is my favourite album of all time, with 12:5 being my fave live album of all time too.

Haven't really got into the newer PoS albums, but if they manage to return to the class of albums like TPE, then I'm very much looking forward to it as well. Picked up Remedy Lane by "accident" this summer, and immedietely fell in love with it. Bought TPE a month ago. 2 absolutely amazing albums. The emotional depth in the music and lyrics is stunning.

Have listened a bit to One Hour and Be as well, quite good as well. Typical that all the great bands had their golden period 10 years ago...(PoS, SX, Evergrey...)

Haven't really got into the newer PoS albums, but if they manage to return to the class of albums like TPE, then I'm very much looking forward to it as well. Picked up Remedy Lane by "accident" this summer, and immedietely fell in love with it. Bought TPE a month ago. 2 absolutely amazing albums. The emotional depth in the music and lyrics is stunning.

Have listened a bit to One Hour and Be as well, quite good as well. Typical that all the great bands had their golden period 10 years ago...(PoS, SX, Evergrey...)

All 4 of those albums are fantastic; I love them all.
The more you listen to Hour and Be, the more you'll love them, IMO.

I like the Road Salt albums. Scarsick is my least favourite.

Entropia is great, but not AS great as their big 4. Get it.
After becoming familiar with the songs, get 12:5. The songs on 12:5 were totally reworked, and Gild's voice mesmerizes.

Imagine if the members of SX had names on here.o_O
Have you ever visited the power quest forum on here? The founding keyboardist of the band, Steve, have been actively participating on his own band's forum for over 10 years on there. Just goes to show how much he was dedicated to his band's forum compared to here, where we've never heard from them at all(although I might have been here for too short time to say that)