What is the band thinking/up to?

Its like Russell doesnt care about Symphony X anymore, just participates on various stuff to generate money. I mean no problem with that, we can all agree that money is a great thing, but he's forgetting where he came from

Until Romeo comes up with enough new stuff Russell can either do side projects or nothing at all. I don't think it has anything to do with not caring about SX.

Until Romeo comes up with enough new stuff Russell can either do side projects or nothing at all. I don't think it has anything to do with not caring about SX.
Kid, its not up to you to decide whether what I said has anything to do with it or not. None of us here really know what's happening behind the scenes, since there hasnt been any updates for a long time. So we make our assumptions and thoughts on the matter, just like I did. Just because you personally disagree doesnt mean what I said has nothing to do with it. Its quite possible that Russell doesnt care about SX anymore, and the same case might be with Romeo as well, which could explain the lack of updates as well

its not up to you to decide whether what I said has anything to do with it or not.

You conjecture, I conjecture. It should go without saying that neither of us really knows what's going on, we're just random people on a message board after all.

What we all do know is that Romeo is by far the main songwriter of SX and therefore there's not much Russell can do in terms of new SX until Romeo delivers the goods. The fact that he's keeping busy with other stuff doesn't warrant calling his dedication to SX into question. The lack of updates is nothing new either, it doesn't necessarily require any other explanation than that keeping quiet between albums is their style.

You conjecture, I conjecture. It should go without saying that neither of us really knows what's going on, we're just random people on a message board after all.

What we all do know is that Romeo is by far the main songwriter of SX and therefore there's not much Russell can do in terms of new SX until Romeo delivers the goods. The fact that he's keeping busy with other stuff doesn't warrant calling his dedication to SX into question. The lack of updates is nothing new either, it doesn't necessarily require any other explanation than that keeping quiet between albums is their style.
I use the word care loosely. So when I said Russell doesnt care about SX I simply meant that I dont think the band matters to him much anymore; I never called his dedication to SX into question, and I also never said the lack of updates is something new. What I did is state my opinion, and you're the prick who starts saying things I never said or meant at all here

If you really try to conjecture like me, then I dont understand why would your statements come across as trying to make what you say seem like facts than your personal opinion

What is this? I don't even...

Did I not just use the expression I don't think in the first of my last two posts? Did I not state that my posts obviously contain conjecture in the second? How is it possible for you to still claim that my personal opinions are being "presented as facts"? Are you capable of understanding the English language at all?

I also find it incredible that even though you're the one who got all mad over a couple of perfectly normal forum posts while addressing me as "kid", you're still saying I'm "the prick" here.

Guys, this argument is going to go nowhere.... Stop.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Stopsign_sing.png

Yeah, that's becoming increasingly clear. This has become a pointless meta-discussion and I regret any part I may have had in making it so.

Ah, yes, you we're all cool and unaffected the whole time. Because that's how cool and unaffected people behave, they talk down to others and call them pricks. :Spin:

But hey, let's all just be friends again before this poinless exchange spills over and soils a new page.

Edit: NO! I have failed.

:(

Ah, yes, you we're all cool and unaffected the whole time. Because that's how cool and unaffected people behave, they talk down to others and call them pricks. :Spin:

But hey, let's all just be friends again before this poinless exchange spills over and soils a new page.

Edit: NO! I have failed.

:(
I just find it funny that you thought I was mad about something. Im never mad about anything on the internet. I thought you were trying to present your opinion as facts, but if you didnt then my bad then. It never hurts to add an "In my opinion" before you state something, you know

This forum is super active now. Holy shit.
And you know who to thank for that

Guys, Perhaps I wasnt clear. Im not wondering what the band is doing, Im wondering why are they not updating us about it(whatever it is)

No matter how busy they may be, it takes no longer than a minute to write a short update on the website regarding what they are up to or whats going on in general, so no matter how busy they may be they can obviously find that free minute to do so. But they arent doing it. And I think thats very weird because, dont they want their fans to be updated about them? They must realize that we are all disappointed about the lack of updates

I agree, but unfortunately that's not how they do things. Since 2002, they've been taking five years between releases. In addition, they don't promote themselves well. It's a terrible shame. They're such a great band and probably could be more successful than they are.

Its like Russell doesnt care about Symphony X anymore, just participates on various stuff to generate money. I mean no problem with that, we can all agree that money is a great thing, but he's forgetting where he came from

The man is trying to make money. I'm afraid that he will get hired by a bigger band someday and leave Symphony X.

I saw a post by Jason's facebook page the other day about "getting back with the boys to rehearse" or something for the 70,000 metal cruise. So, going by that, the band has been up to absolutely nothing!

I saw a post by Jason's facebook page the other day about "getting back with the boys to rehearse" or something for the 70,000 metal cruise. So, going by that, the band has been up to absolutely nothing!

That could be or it may be that he hasn't played with them since his heart issue. MJR (and hopefully Pinella this time around! a man can dream) may have been writing stuff in the meantime. I haven't heard much about his recovery in awhile.

Michael Romeo has been working with Caparison, they redid his signature guitar. Don't know how much work that really is, but it shows he has been up to SOMETHING.