What Is The Rarest/ Collectable You Own?

I was just about to mention the Edguy cd but John beat me to it. Hahah, I remember when he told me about how he had it a few years before he sold it I was just amazed at the fact someone owned a real copy of it! So yea, thanks to mucho overtime at 711 in the summer of 2003, I got that bad boy. I got it signed by Tobias, Dirk, and Jens at Prog Power V too so hoorah. That was and still is my equivalent of Iron Maiden's Soundhouse Tapes.

As for other rare stuff, nothing much else beats that. Maybe the UnOpened cd single from Sonata before Ecliptica came out? Other than those things, just a bunch of signed cds and fond memories.

Hmm, rarities. I've been thinking about this a bit. Here are a few:

• Michael Moorcock and the Deep Fix, original promotional button
  • Neil Peart, "Pieces of Eight" original paper-thin vinyl recording (included in an issue of Modern Drummer magazine)
  • Megadeth, "Crown of Worms" single in its neet vinyl baby's head slipcase
  • Dream Theater, Subconscious original silver bootleg (and most of the other infamous Mike Bahr releases)
  • Rush, "Vital Signs" red vinyl single
  • Dream Theater, Live Scenes NY with the burning Twin Towers (of course, most serious DT fans scored this release, but still... :heh: )
  • Blue Oyster Cult, "Astronomy" radio-only promo CD, with the Stephen King intro

I'll probably think of more oddball stuff later. :lol:

Original Vinyl of:

Blue Cheer - "S/T
Blues Magoos- "Psychedelic Lollipop"
Electric Prunes - "I had To Much to Dream Last Night & Underground ( with Kenny Loggins on vocals)
Starcastle- "Fountains of Light & Citidel (Both signed)

I guess other that some of my custom shirts that I've made and have had signed by the bands, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Primal Fear, Halford, Tesla... I'd have to say

Uli Jon Roth pleck (he bought some personalized and said they played like sh** so got rid of them)

The demo cassette for "The O" Home Job 1992, Death Angel offshoot with Peppa bros., Cavestany and Galeon.

Blue Oyster Cult "Imaginos" promo cassette 1988

A vinyl copy of Queensryche’s “The Warning” with all the band’s signatures on the back cover. (DANG, I gotta get this thing framed instead of letting it sit in my closet…)

Also, in the early 1990s, someone gave me a promo CD of Metallica’s “Live Shit: Binge and Purge.” It includes 15 classic live tracks – but with all the swear words bleeped out!! :lol:

Also, in the early 1990s, someone gave me a promo CD of Metallica’s “Live Shit: Binge and Purge.” It includes 15 classic live tracks – but with all the swear words bleeped out!! :lol:

Yep, that's worth some good money now. Saw a copy at the Record Show here and they were asking at least $40 or $50....and this was a few years ago. I think it was actually called "15 Pieces of Live Sh*t" or something like that. :)

origninal vinyl of:
Rolling Stones-Sticky Fingers w/zipper cover
Rolling Stones-Some Girls w/girls faces on cover
Rolling Stones-Satanic Majesties Request-3d/lenticular cover
6 different pressings of The Velvet Underground and Nico banana cover
Velvet Underground-(Toy Soldiers) White light White Heat cover
Alice Cooper-Billion Dollar Babies with money
Alice Cooper-Schools Out w/panties
Kiss-Originals with inserts
Thin Lizzy autographed vinyl

Original camera-ready production artwork of the Kiss Love Gun that came inside of 'Love Gun'
Original camera-ready artwork for the Insert book from Kiss-Alive II
drumsticks from Peter Criss of KISS
drumsticks from Cozy Powell when he was with Sabbath
drumsticks from Tommy Aldridge when he was with Whitesnake
Dream Theater autographed ltd. Litho of Systematic Chaos artwork
Rush signed Litho of the Counterpart artwork
Original artwork artist proof of Fates Warning "Awaken the Guardian" artwork signed by Ioannis
Toy football signed by all of Voivod (why a toy football?? i have no clue!)
Neil Peart "Pieces of Eight"

that's all for now

:lol: This made me laugh.
So is this like a NERF football?

These boys are Canadian! Couldn't you have found a hockey puck or stick instead???? :lol:

nah, it's like one of those hard plastic ones. the kind that hurts like a bull just head-butted you when it is thrown at you, it's about the size of your hand...perhaps a pic is in order...

I have a hand drawn signed picture that Yngwie Malmsteen drew for me after a show and a bunch of pics and stuff which aren't so rare since he throws out about 25,493 of them per show :lol:

A Destiny's End bootleg dvd from the "Breathe Deep The Dark" cd release party in Houston...I know its rare because I was the one that shot the video and I made one copy,for the Mighty James Rivera. How about the Midnight "M" autographed disc from a few years back? Is that considered rare or just fake since Mid didn't do the actual signature?(That evil bastard)
...I also remember a few years back...on Ebay,you could buy Midnight's worn out Converse sneakers. I don't remember how much they were,I just remember that we all had a good laugh about it.

I'm not sure I would call any of this stuff rare - maybe hard to find - but it's the "rarest" I have:

Manilla Road - Open the Gates CD (Digi)
Manilla Road - The Deluge CD
Iron Maiden Castle 2-CD reissues - I have IM, Killers, PoM, Powerslave, SiT, SSoaSS, NPftD and the 2-disc Best Of The Beast
Iron Maiden Vinyl - the original vinyl releases for their first 6 albums including the Maiden Japan EP
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard and Diary original vinyl, plus the Mr Crowley Live EP picture disc
Metallica - Jump In The Fire EP
Judas Priest - Sad Wings picture disc Vinyl

The vinyl was all purchased in the early to mid-80's and is all in rather rough shape (that was how I listened to the band's back then)...