What is the worst metal album of all time?

AdamN

Experienced Metalhead!
Sep 15, 2010
I know there are some bad shit out there but what's the worst of them all?

Who cares. Does anyone honestly spend countless hours listening to music that they don't like? And if not, then how can you accurately come up with an answer.

If I listen to an album and don't like it, I'll typically move on and never listen to it again. If I recognize that the album may have potential, I'll probably give it another chance.

Longing's Past - An Angel's Tale

Anyone that can turn 'celebration' into a six-syllable word needs to learn something about succinctness.

Hypnotica - La rebelión del ser

So fucking bad, you will want to die.

Any Artery Eruption album... and Six Feet Under - Graveyard Classics 2. Which is a death metal cover of Back in Black in its entirety.

Oh god. Theres so many, too many to even begin to list. Actually nevermind this......

goatmoon.jpg

Not even the worst of the Max albums, let alone what came later.

Umm...are you sure about this ? I can't think of another Max-era Sepultura album that was half as bad as Roots. Chaos AD is boring but not awful, early albums are poorly produced but raw and vibrant. Schizophrenia through Arise are amazing.

Also, I like Green-era Sepultura. Yeah, I know. I suck.

Shevalreq - Tournament at Constantinople

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkU5xBa-V_Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkU5xBa-V_Y[/ame]

I dont listen to, or genereally remember, bad albums. And on top of that there must be thousands of bad albums by garage bands everywhere.

The worst album I can think of by an established metal band has to be St Anger by Metallica. To me it has almost no redeeming qualities at all. Bad riffs, bad vocals, bad drumming, bad lyrics, bad performance, bad sound etc.

Im not against bands evolving (and I never shat on the Loads for example - they are to long and probably should have been one album but I can still enjoy them) but this was clearly a step in the wrong direction.

I often joke about this album because Im an avid defender of the subjectivity of music and who enjoys what. I usually say that this is bad album objectively. That reflects my dislike towards it.

My vote goes to Roots Bloody Roots.

I like Roots :)

The ones by that german producer who took bands he had signed that that had since died and made shit albums 'by them' with synths and his receptionist screeching.

^ wat

Also choosing St. Anger is cliche tbh... it actually has a few good songs. Anybody saying the title track in particular, has "bad riffs", needs to get some ears.

Arise is amazingly terrible thrash metal.

Fixed.

The ones by that german producer who took bands he had signed that that had since died and made shit albums 'by them' with synths and his receptionist screeching.

Both Thrash Queen albums are certainly among the very worst of metal as well. I think the 'metalploitation' album is actually a little more listenable than the real one, though.