What kind of In Flames lyrics do you like the most?

What kind of In Flames lyrics do you like the most?

• Death Metal themes (LS, Subterranean)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Complex lyrics w/ alot of metaphors (TJR, Whoracle)

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • Part in-depth, part down-to-earth (Colony)

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • More down-to-earth (Clayman, RTR)

Votes: 19 23.2%

• Total voters
The lyrics from Ordinary Story stand out for me above the other songs although Bullet Ride is cool too.

Voted Whoracle. The lyrics seem to keep their balance between cheesy and hardly understandable (look-up-as-many-advanced-words-o-rama) and very nice and simple lyrics (Jotun).

I voted for TJR,Whoracle era - cos I love reading in to lyrics and trying to work out the writer's mental state and what they're trying to say.

Saying this, however, I would say that Clayman has very profound lyrics at times ( e.g. Only for the weak) so it was quite a tough choice.

I think the groupings aren't 100% correct cos R2R's writing style is very different to Clayman's.

It's a tough call for me. I voted TJR/Whoracle because I think those are the best from the writing point of view, but I also enjoy the Lunar Strain ones (Subterranean is crap lyrically though). I was, however, tempted to vote for the new stuff, not because I think it's good, but purely for the entertainment value. Some of my favourite In Flames quotes are "on a butterfly I ride", "frightened by your own smell", and my all-time favourite, "but think as I rape your mother". These quotes deserve my vote, and I'm kind of regretting my choice already.

All of the above button. I think Anders lyrics rock hardcore thats one of the main reasons i love INFLAMES so much, is Ive connected with more things lyrically then any other band Ive ever listened too. I think thats why I will always support them and theyll be my favorite band, I like lyrical meaning more then, WORSHIP SATAN AND SMOKE CRACK. But sometimes those are okay too.

I have to say I voted for TJR/Whoracle era. Why? Because I believe lyrics have no meaning unless the listener has to interpret them in his own way. I mean, I could listen to a song and think it means one thing, and another person could think it means a completely different thing. That's the beauty of metaphors.