What makes you proud on your homecountry nd what not?

proud: good food, sachertorte, schnitzel, gerat mountains and skiing places, nature, culture cities like vienna or salzburg, classical music (mozart and stuff)...

not proud: haider and some fucking polticians, the story of a non glorous past during the second world war...

I like the stuff ere and that, it's not a bad country but at the same time it's a bit shit with things, the law is fucked up and this country has many hypocrites in it, like anywhere really, but along with big Dunc, maybe that's the Irish in me being anti-english, hahaha, wait I am english, i think :)

yeah englands alright but the fuckers who run it ballsed up its history. Funny to see how the ruling class always brainwashed the working classes into being loyal subjects and buried the times in history when the plebs told them to fuck off.

I'm afraid to say...sometimes I think America has done more harm in its 230-something year legacy than good.

Even if I did say something good, I think someone would jump on the bandwagon and point out 5 more faults of our country...like we don't know that already. There's a reason why I don't want to leave Italy....

DragonLady1 said:
proud: good food, sachertorte, schnitzel, gerat mountains and skiing places, nature, culture cities like vienna or salzburg, classical music (mozart and stuff)...

not proud: haider and some fucking polticians, the story of a non glorous past during the second world war...

SACHERTORTE; WIENER SCHNITZEL ......... THERE YA GO....
Stubaier Gletscher and Ischgl rule aswell...(for the skiing and snowboarding...)
Austrias non glorious past in second world war ... hmmm, what should I say? I mean, hey I am German, lol, Hitler caused all this but... not to forget he was incubated in AUSTRIA, lol (just a joke, don't take me for serious...)

Strangelight said:
Im proud to have been born in Liverpool in a way, even though I hate the place now. Well, I hate what has happened to the city :( I feel much more at home in Ireland than I ever did in England, dunno whether thats DNA or what. Bulmers maybe? :lol:

larkin2.jpg

hmmm, I would have been proud on it aswell... in general I would have been proud on been born everywhere else than in Germany...lol

Ireland seems to be a really wonderfull place to be or to live... I should try it out... sooner or later...

I should post myself aswell (or shouldn't I...lol)

Let my start by the non proud on thingies...:
Hitler, German tourists in foreign countries... the ones with sandals and socks...ignorance... a part of the mostly VERY limited German Metal scene...probably the highest taxes in the whole Europe...way too much wanna-bees over here...

Proud on: German beer, German wine...some of the German politicians...aren't we just peacefull nowadays !?!

Belgium :

proud : the different kinds of beer, a lot of beautiful historical cities and sites for such a small country (antwerp, bruges, ghent, liege, bouillon, alden biesen,...), the Flemish Lion, belgian tennis and volleyball, our woman aren't that bad (certainly not in Limburg :Spin: ), with the Benelux the start of the EU

not proud : a country with only 10 million inhabitants yet we have six governements, constant conflicts between the different parties of our federal state, bad foreign politics, our country is made ugly by concrete and steel, belgian footy

To the French guys, i like snails!!!! mmmmmmmmm...

ah but thats because you only went to the touristic places :(
snails are not a belgian traditional food at all.