What was the VERY first CD/Record you ever bought?

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
For me it was ...And Justice For All which I absolutely loved for like 5 years until the band personally betrayed my love for them by releasing offensive junk.

But I love ...And Justice For All because it was sooo clean, and technical, like a machine. It was almost Progressive, and I loved how the songs were long. This album opened my eyes to all metal, to the sounds of guitars, to double kick drums, and to angsty vocals, and it especially opened my eyes to LONG SONGS. I have always loved long songs since this album, because you can do so much, and say so much in a long song.

So what was your first Album. What was it like and what influences did it have on you?

First?
i dont really know, maybe John Farnham or something...

But the first one i can ever remember paying for myself, is Def Leppards "Hysteria" on tape. Great 80s hair metal album. I loved it at the time. I remember saving up for it for ages, even remember the store i bought it from (a really little store that died very quickly).. and i remember walking into the store and seeing the CD and being so confident that this was what i wanted to spend my hard earned money on.

Nowadays i still have it (and also a CD version), and its good for a listen on remembrance nights (when we all get our 80s hair metal nights and laugh and have fun!). And still think it was a pretty good album, but a bit to ummmm happy cheesy 80s for my tastes these days.

i'll tell you what though. if all the stuff after "and justice for all" is played by another band, some of you people would probably listen to them or you would think it doesn't suck that bad. i'm not defending anybody, don't flame me.
oh, by the way, Kill Them All is recorded in the city i'm living in now, :p

Ride the lightning... When i was 8 i think....

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE.... fuck yeah.

Call of ktulu is great too. Good album.

...And Justice is their best... but puppets and lightning are great.

Then i think i bought Megadeth's "Rust in peace".... MAN was i blown away!

YA I think I like Justice the best it was one of my first. But the I bought 4 CDs my very first time and they were:
Offspring - Smash
Green Day - Dookie
Megadeth - Countdown to Exstinction
LION KING SOUNDTRACK!!!! IT FUCKING OWNS!
(hey I was in like 3rd grade:p )

i bought the black album and nevermind at the same time, needless to say i found the black album more to my liking, purchased the metallica back catalogue, fell in love with ride the lightning, went through a stage for about a year when i wouldn't listen to anything but metallica...