What was your first encounter with metal?

Ozzy - Bark at the Moon
I was 11 and the year was 1987 and the rest is history.

The first death metal I heard was 'Harmony Corruption' in '90 though Obituarys 'Cause of Death' and Cannibal Corpses 'Eaten Back to Life' really got me into death metal in the same year. 'The Dying' was the Obituary song that stuck in my head and began my obsession.

I'm not gonna lie. Slipknot and System of a Down. Go ahead bash me. I still like those bands I just don't really listen to em anymore. My music taste evolved so to speak.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I'm not gonna lie. Slipknot and System of a Down. Go ahead bash me. I still like those bands I just don't really listen to em anymore. My music taste evolved so to speak.
OK FAIR SHOUT PADDY WILL LET YOU OFF BECAUSE HE THINKS YOU ARE ONE OF THEM EMOS:kickass:

Dream Theater. I got recommended it because I was an aspiring guitarist back in my youngin days and was blown away by Joe Satriani and asked people for better guitarists than him.

And some dumb fucks said Jimi Hendrix. I went back and punched them in the face.

But I got Dream Theater out of it. That led to Cynic. Who still fucking kill.

I always listened to stuff like Deep Purple, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, because of my dad. But the first bands I started to listen "by myself" were, namely, Pantera, Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer, Testament, Death, Anathema and Opeth.
I remember, 8 or 9 years ago, when I first bought an album of Testament!:lol:
I was so happy about it! It was The New Order album :headbang:

my first encounter with extreme music happened in 1989 when I was seven years old. I witnessed seeing a Napalm Death video on Headbanger's Ball that my hair metal loving babysitters put on. Of course when she caught me watching it, she promptly turned it off. I remember her being a Stryper fan so it kind of makes sense.