Whats the most ignorant thing you've evr heard?

Originally posted by Dreamlord
:lol: Bah. WHat authority do I need? I, at one time or another, have owned all of their albums. Stormblast was the best one as a whole. But the songs with Simen (especially the magnificent "Insight and the Catharsis") are very good.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: They should fire Shagrath and make Simen lead vocalist.

They are bubble gum metal.

(this is my last post related to DB. The debate is meaningless)

the fact that you find Stormblast their best speaks IN LOUD VOLUMES to me... that cd sucked major ass in comparison to the rest.. no aggression.

And Shagrath and Simen are far better together than solo. More dynamics that way...

Or then you realise your stupidity? Therefore you quickly have to withdraw from the argument before you lose face...

Oh well... I don't like Shagrath much either, but, they still are black metal :) and their new stuff is still brilliant, though "Enthrone..." will never be beaten...

Originally posted by Moonlight Butchery
Or then you realise your stupidity? Therefore you quickly have to withdraw from the argument before you lose face...

Hardly, dear noobie. I was engaging in this asinine argument long before you singed onto UM. Do some research and I'm sure you'll find some of the debates. Good luck...

Originally posted by Papa Josh
Which I can't stand.. besides he likes Graveland :puke:

:lol: If you don't like Graveland because of the music, fine. It took me a very long time to appreciate it. But if you don't like Graveland because of the political stance, well then, it's your loss. :)

Yes, they are on the lighter side of black metal but I still enjoy their music. One of the bands that most my friends will listen to also.

Well, I don't mind if you call me out. That's cool. Hell, I knew my post about DB would cause tsunami like rifts on this thread. It's just too predictable.

I am ignorant as to who Graveland are, but this has piqued my curiosity. Any links, information, help, etc.?

Back on topic, I find it ignorant when people dismiss bands simply for their political/religious beliefs. Like music for the music, not for the message.

For example- "Extol is better than 90% of Norwegian black metal bands, but I won't buy their cd's because they are Christian."

People who say that are just simple minded fools.

Same thing goes for christians who don't like listening to music that doesn't have God praising vocals or discusses Satan. Satan is part of your religion....

Anyways, I'm going to go download some extol. Been listening to Alice in Chains.

Oh yeah, as for ingorance, half of the "metal-heads" don't know who maiden is. Note that these are freshmen, spike your hair and act like a hard ass "metal-heads" ;)

Originally posted by Flaming Death
some kid at Wal-Mart today approx. 16 years old.

"Wow cool Gi Joes, who the hell wants to play with a my pals though"
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I laughed more at this than Draxx did!
But seriously, maybe I also confuse ignorant with stupidity (I'm Danish, so I think it's fair I don't know the big difference), but I think some of the posts made here as ignorant as the comments they say are ignorant. Shit like;

"Korn is better than At the Gates" (+ another thing)
those are the two stupidest things I have heard

At the www.enix.com boards you constantly hear "Korn and Linkin Park are the greatest bands ever" from people who haven't even heard of Iron Maiden.

whoever the fuck said korn is better than at the gates should die a slow,horrid death...

Whoever the fuck said Korn is good should do the same

"fred durst its an amazing composser/writer" (complete with wrong spelling! :lol: )

I don't know if you haven't heard this, but music is 100% a matter of taste!! There's no right and wrong when it comes to taste! I've said this a million times, but it seems like some people still don't get it (I guess they're ignorant :D )!
Are you less ignorant saying that Iron Maiden are better than Korn? I don't think so! Are you less ignorant saying they're ignorant 'cause they think Linkin Park is the best band ever? I don't think so!

"pop music is better than other music, that's why it's popular en other music isn't"-Atomic Kitten
Well, this is a bit more tricky. I think why popmusic is more popular is because it's accesible, catchy and doesn't offend anyone! More people can live with light music than with music that's all about playing 250 bpm, sounding evil, screaming, yelling & growling & having lyrics about how much they love Satan! A lot of people don't like that & can't stand to listen to it and I don't blame 'em - I fully understand them. There's also lots of metal that are that way to me! Pop is also short for "popular" so basically you could also call Maiden pop as "Bring your daughter to the slaughter" went to no 1!!
A lot people act like popmusic is a crime! I remember a discussion at the Opeth forum where a guy asked if Opeth fans liked stuff like Beatles & Rolling Stones and some people went bananas saying stuff like "Beatles is fucking pop. They have no talent and they just play popmusic! They were just a product of their record company" and so on. First of all Beatles were a rock band and second of all, if they were playing pop, so what? It's not like their music gets worse just because it falls into a different category! Personally I think there's loads of great popmusic, although more or less all of it are from the 60's. I don't see the crime in making popmusic. If you like it you like it! I have a cd by The Corrs and plan on getting more or less all the others they have made and I don't see how that should make me a fool and I don't see why The Corrs should be weak musicians and a crappy band and be less worth than some devilworshipping insane obscure garage black metal band, who prance around in the forest because some guy says it's coo, just because they make pop music!
I agree in the statement "Like music for the music, not for the message". I couldn't care less if Lee Hazlewood was a nazi, he would still be my favorite artist! Unfortunatly, if you listen to black metal for instance, people often think of you as some guy who kills animals, drink blood, burn churches, desecrate graves and scream your name to Satan. I don't see why I should be like that, but unfortunatly the world is like that and I can understand why people would think so of people.