When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

It's spelled Vergil.

But yes, I just read the works of Hesiod and I'm debating whether to dive right into Herodotus or read the parts of Plato's Republic I haven't read.

It's spelled Vergil.

You have the Pharr edition :p Mine has it spelled Virgil. =)

I've been meaning to re-read my Age of Alexander. I think I'll buy a hardcover of it, all I have is my fucked up paperback from when I was in college that still has USED stickers stamped all over it from being continually resold to the bookstore. I have so much gruntwork to do this summer, don't think I'll make it to Plutarch before schools starts up again...

^Yeah, and step into Perdition City. :lol:

I think you're trying too hard to fit in with us Bork fans.

You have the Pharr edition :p Mine has it spelled Virgil. =)

The Brits spell it Virgil because then it resembles the Latin word for "magic wand", because medieval folklore cast him as a sorcerer.

His full Roman name was Publius Vergilius Maro. Yes, that's with an "e".

Speak for yourself. ;)

My full discography and 3 years of fandom speak for me.

Virgil is still accepted spelling in English, and more common =)))))))) Even classicists write it that way!

Grammar warz r awesum

There's been a growing tendency toward the correct spelling. However, as long as the Brits remain the bastion of classicism, it's going to be misspelled forever.

I will perform oral sex on whoever can help me figure out how to get the newest DS version of Pokemon working on the computard.

You just need an emulator. But you won't be able to grow berries and the such. And you can't really trade or fight with anyone, which defeats the point of playing Pokemon. Just buy a Nintendo DS, it's basically the best game system ever. Pokemon is fun as balls, too. And then, if you're feeling pirate-y, just buy a flash drive and install it on your DS so you can play and not pay. I don't do that (for real), but probably about half the people who own a DS do that.

That being said, you're better off buying a DS and Pokemon if you want to play it. Otherwise you're just playing an RPG with like 150 characters instead of 5-10.

Awwwww man, I forgot I was replaying Red, got as far as fighting Misty and just forgot about it, waaaaaaaah!

I'm at the ELITE FOUR on Diamond. Leveling against that Misreavus / Haunter / Kadabra fight in front of Veilstone city (pays well + 3,400 exp!). I'm sporting Infernape, Luxray, Roserade, Starraptor, Garchomp, and Azelf. I'm juuuuuust about ready to hit the elites, just need to get those last two to level 61-62!

There is no fully working DS emulator, seriously I've been testing them all since DS was release and they're shit.
I agree with Naglfar, buy a DS it's so worth it and has such an amazing collection of games, dare I say better than the current gen consoles?