When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

The DS is probably my favorite gaming device ever. I have a card for the DS so I can download play, but I still own more DS game than almost anyone I know.

I've been doing some games programming with the DS at the moment, and I've been working on a few games for it. It's a pretty good device for anyone looking to make games by themselves. There's also a huge homebrew community so it's really cool to check out all the applications people have made.

I got pokemon for the DS the day it came out. I've been trying to catch them all. :cry: My friend is on about 300 now, and he's even sent an america copy of pokemon over so he can get the pokemon from the event they're having! :lol:

The DS is probably my favorite gaming device ever. I have a card for the DS so I can download play, but I still own more DS game than almost anyone I know.

I've been doing some games programming with the DS at the moment, and I've been working on a few games for it. It's a pretty good device for anyone looking to make games by themselves. There's also a huge homebrew community so it's really cool to check out all the applications people have made.

I got pokemon for the DS the day it came out. I've been trying to catch them all. :cry: My friend is on about 300 now, and he's even sent an america copy of pokemon over so he can get the pokemon from the event they're having! :lol:

lol don't use those three fucking event pokemon

darkrai, shaymin, and arceus inspire nothing but HATRED, they're so broken

especially darkrai... who the fuck thought up of dark void, dream eater, and bad dreams on the same pokemon?

but shaymin... SHAYMIN IS SO FUCKING CUTE!!! AWMAGAWD!!! I WANT SHAYMIN SO I CAN HUG IT TO PIECES AAAAAAAAAAAH SO CUTE!!!!!

I stopped playing my Nintendo DS once I started driving more on my own. I had played mostly Super Mario Kart and the DS version of Super Mario 64 on it. It was fun, but I'd prefer a Wii.

At my Job Upgrade, they're issuing me a laptop.

I have no idea why; I know I'll have no need to log into it for work at home, and there's no way I'm using it on the commute. Just...no. That's my Nap, Read, and Sketch Time. However, I'll be happy to finally be able to play the vast majority of video games again, as it's a PC. My computers at home? Macs. I stopped playing games (with the great exception of World of Warcraft, but I stopped playing that too) when my XBox died.

I'm thinking of picking up a cheap copy of Morrowind - The Elder Scrolls for nostalgia's sake.

lol don't use those three fucking event pokemon

darkrai, shaymin, and arceus inspire nothing but HATRED, they're so broken

especially darkrai... who the fuck thought up of dark void, dream eater, and bad dreams on the same pokemon?

but shaymin... SHAYMIN IS SO FUCKING CUTE!!! AWMAGAWD!!! I WANT SHAYMIN SO I CAN HUG IT TO PIECES AAAAAAAAAAAH SO CUTE!!!!!
Haha well it's to fill the pokedex, not to actually use them. I actually think darkrai is pretty cool. XD

I also hate the phrase broken, it's such an annoying term. My friends use it all the time to describe over powered characters.

I stopped playing my Nintendo DS once I started driving more on my own. I had played mostly Super Mario Kart and the DS version of Super Mario 64 on it. It was fun, but I'd prefer a Wii.
I don't really understand how driving would making you play the DS less :lol:
I'm playing Mario Kart for the Wii now, it's awesome!

Haha well it's to fill the pokedex, not to actually use them. I actually think darkrai is pretty cool. XD

I also hate the phrase broken, it's such an annoying term. My friends use it all the time to describe over powered characters.

I think it came from RTS game developers to describe a unit that would wreak gameplay because it was unbalanced, thus not performing its intended role. I want to say it first came up when Warcraft II was being developed, but I think it started with Starcraft.

Darkrai is REALLY cool, too. But I mean, sleep is not balanced and that's why you have the informal "1 sleep at a time" rule, even at Nintendo tourneys. Darkrai basically wins by abusing the least balanced aspect of pokemon. He kicks ass, of course. He's probably the best pokemon, hands down. But he's broken in the truest sense of the word. ;)

SHAYMIN IS SO CUTE THOUGH!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This is awesome, the Borknagar forum is discussing Pokemans (let me show you them!).
Anyway, I played Mario Kart Wii, and I can't stand it. The only mode I can play is Time Trial, because there I wont get gangraped by 5 different items every time I have a chance of winning.

Yeah: "Folklore has it that on moonless nights, this Pokemon will make people see horrific nightmares." It's like its from Lovecraft himself.

"At night, in low temperatures, Cacturne will group together and slowly follow any humans that are walking through the desert. When the fatigued human finally stops walking, the Cacturne will attack, absorbing moisture and fluids from the prey's body."

"Spoink leads a bizarre, fragile existence. It moves around by bouncing on its tail. However, Spoink's bouncing has an additional, far more vital role. The small shock generated by Spoink's impact with the ground every time it bounces courses through its body and causes its heart to pump. Essentially, Spoink's heart is jumpstarted every time it beats. If Spoink ever stopped bouncing, its heart would stop and it would die. Thus, Spoink constantly bounces up and down, even while sleeping."

"Shuppet possesses a discarded doll, growing into and forming Banette, a being which is actually somewhat large for a toy (3 foot 7 inches on average). It is also said that Banette live in garbage dumps of back alleys and wander around looking for the children that disposed of them, most likely in order to harm or kill them as its revenge."

"Houndoom is particularly infamous for its fiery breath. While most Fire-type Pokémon have the ability to breathe fire, Houndoom's flame has a special property. Thanks to the toxins in its body, a burn inflicted by a Houndoom's pungent flame will cause persistent pain that can never be alleviated. This is why Houndoom is so greatly feared; if it burns you, you'll feel the pain of that burn forever with no hope of relief."

"Jigglypuff can easily adjust the wavelength of its voice, without pausing to take a breath. However, if the listener is deaf or never sleeps, the Jigglypuff suffocates, and might even die."

This is a kids game?

I don't really understand how driving would making you play the DS less :lol:
I'm playing Mario Kart for the Wii now, it's awesome!
Because I mostly played it in the car when my parents drove me places and I would mostly just play my Gamecube at home.

I got back to playing the DS now, Super Mario 64 for the DS is a fun challenge, what other games would you recomend? Also got back to playing Mario Kart Super Circuit on DS.
I played some cards last night, specifically a game calle Bullshit, anyone played that before orheard of it?

Oh dear Asgeir, you could be playing better games than them. How's the poker going, by the way?

I played a lot of games when I was a teenager (back in the C64 days) but I'm not that interested anymore (remember I'm as old as your parents...). A guy I worked with sat all day playing snood at work and ended up having to work all night to get the jobs done, haha! I just remembered the game when I read this thread. Once in a while I stumble on a game that interests me - and the funny thing is that they are pretty simple. Like Tetris.

The poker is going fine. I'm plus on live poker.