When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I don't like Black Metal Ulver.

Seriously, listen to Hymne VI: Wolf and Passion. Focus on the godly guitar riff in the beginning and the end of the song. Try to listen below the fuzziness. Originally, I didn't like that album either, but when I started listening to the beuatiful fucking melodies beneath all the noise, it just clicked for me.

Still waiting for Bergtatt to click though :/

Rivfadír;7601334 said:
Still waiting for Bergtatt to click though :/
hehe, Bergtatt is actually the only album I like (and own) of their Trilogie.

btw I just listened to Shadows of the Sun while writing a stupid, but important report for school. Had to turn it off because I couldn't focus because it's just too good :lol:

Defiance said:
On a more important note, it's really interesting what scientists have done with the particle things.
that's pretty cool, but I doubt they'll ever find what they're looking for (that Higgs boson)

Heh, so I've been asking for help with hotels and stuff for Oslo and advice of what to see during the day and any decent bars at night.

"We got lots of my pals towelheads and whores!
Oh and drug addicts"
and
"Stay the fuck off the Oslo streets at night."

I'm scared since you know, I'M ON MY FUCKING OWN. Oh man, I don't know if I can face this any more. I love Borknagar but I have no idea if this is really worth it.

^The service people on the phone used racist slurs? That'a quite unprofessional, referring to people on the job as my pals and towelheads.

Yeah I suppose that their behaviour towards foreigners in Norway/Sweden/Finland can be compared to that of Americans during the '50s and '60s.
I've been hearing a lot about that stuff too from a couple of my (black) friends who went to Sweden as exchange students.

I hate everyone being so PC, you get called racist if you call someone black. It's gone to the point now where I couldn't give a shit what people say or call each other.

^The service people on the phone used racist slurs? That'a quite unprofessional, referring to people on the job as my pals and towelheads.

Yeah - who told you that, staff people, or some random Norwegian? That's really repulsive. :zombie:

I'm not going. I decided not to go earlier in the year. Between moving to the Bay Area early next year (I'm aiming for January), and the US economy sinking badly, I'm not spending any money I don't have to spend. (In fact, I'm on vacation /scouting trip now in the Bay Area, and one of the first things I bought were groceries, so that I'm not eating out all the time!)

Sorry, Borknagar. Maybe next time!

Not going either. That's why Cait isn't going. Wouldn't be much fun on your own.

And I kinda doubt that the people on the phone called 'em "towelheads". I would be surprised if a hotel clerk actually knew that word. It's very "American", I think. At least not something we use around here. We got our own words.

One thing though, you have to remember that integration of immigrants (and really immigration all together) is a lot behind what you have in the US. We didn't have our immigration boom until the late 80's/early 90's, whereas your country is pretty much built on immigration.

Therefore a lot of "natives" are untrustful of immigrants (especially middle-eastern ones) and many, many immigrants aren't integrated and don't really want to be.
Creates a lot of tension.

I thought about getting me a Borknagar hoody, but I'm going to end up paying 60 $ for it. I guess I may as well order an Emperor long sleeve instead.

the US economy sinking badly, I'm not spending any money I don't have to spend. (In fact, I'm on vacation /scouting trip now in the Bay Area, and one of the first things I bought were groceries, so that I'm not eating out all the time!)

Yeah, Lehman's bankruptcy was a huge blow. Add that to the hurricanes and the elections, and boy it's certainly not a nice time to be an "Usonian" :Smug: .

Sorry to say this, but US people getting what they deserve, you've ruined too many things for too much time. It's like with Rome, every empire must fall, and this happens when everything gets out of control (like it is nowadays in the States). It's always sad though, that a lot of people that shouldn't be suffering this still have to.

Yeah, Lehman's bankruptcy was a huge blow. Add that to the hurricanes and the elections, and boy it's certainly not a nice time to be an "Usonian" :Smug: .

Sorry to say this, but US people getting what they deserve, you've ruined too many things for too much time. It's like with Rome, every empire must fall, and this happens when everything gets out of control (like it is nowadays in the States). It's always sad though, that a lot of people that shouldn't be suffering this still have to.

Espero que ser hipócrita te satisface mucho. Nations aren't affected by the law of gravity, and while the U.S. government will likely recover from this (since economic instability in the U.S. undermines the entire world economy, not just its own), it's common Americans who take the brunt for the time being.

I don't hate anyone because of their nationality, nor do I take any pleasure in the suffering, elite or common, of the professed or perceived enemies of my government. Nor do most Americans. I'm hispanic and while I appreciate that Latin American anti-Americanism is an understandable response to consistently inept American foreign policy, you're just being a xenophobic dickhead by saying common folk in the U.S. deserve economic crisis. Get your head out of your ass, hating people because of where they're from is just as bad as treating people as if they were inferior because your country is more powerful. You keep criticizing Americans for making generalizations about other people, yet you keep making them yourself.

Fuck. I lost my Emperor hoodie. Where the fuck is it?

^ Though I guess you're the only "dick-head" here because you didn't read my last sentence.

I admit it was a mistake to say "people from the US are getting what they deserve." Many are, but I agree with you in that I shouldn't speak in general terms. My bad, sorry. It was an honest mistake, I always think that people pay for what their government does (believe me, I know), but I am sure some people are getting what they deserve with all this that is happening right now. Sad times, truly.

I honestly don't hate people because of where they're from, I just hate, as you said it, "inept" US policy in general.

You're just mad at me, and I really couldn't care less. However, try to keep your vulgar language to yourself next time. I love discussions (that's why I post duh), but it's not worth it if you're just going to be angry in a very immature way by things I say. Sure, I made a mistake, but instead of being a jerk, you could take your head out of your ass, stop being a kid, and correct me or state your point of view in a nicer way.

Cheers!