When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

It might have been an acid trip... late at night... in the moonlight...

And whats with Evacuation Code Deciphered going from that fast-singing part with something about puffins and being too far from home to that slow part about fools sailing? Wonder what was on Simen's mind when he wrote that all down...

I think he was high when he wrote the lyrics for 'Sideshow Symphonies' like :

"Homeless heroes without dineros (dineros: spanish word for money????)
Vampire-fools and exotic ghouls
Mongoshitfacedtabletwisters salut!
And open chure"

'Deniro' is greek, it is money. And I find that creative, not necessarily drug induced either :lol: It could have been I don't know, but just based off the words I don't think it is.

And, I've always pictured Moonshine Delirium being about a speed trip or something.

Moonshine is an alcohol... I would think only based on the title it's about a guy who drank too much moonshine and is wasted. :Smug: Seriously guys.

It might have been an acid trip... late at night... in the moonlight...

And whats with Evacuation Code Deciphered going from that fast-singing part with something about puffins and being too far from home to that slow part about fools sailing? Wonder what was on Simen's mind when he wrote that all down...

I think Sideshow Symphonies is excellent, I know he sure is proud of it and he damn well should be I think it's very creative and sung brilliantly. :kickass:

I just noticed that every topic on here becomes about Simen... and as much as I love the guy (I'm definitely the biggest fan here) I think we need to focus more on the band and their announcements :lol:

Moonshine is an alcohol... I would think only based on the title it's about a guy who drank too much moonshine and is wasted. :Smug: Seriously guys.

I know, but "Third night in flight, my body says no but my mind says go" seems like it's about someone on a speed trip. Being awake partying for 3 days straight.
"Moonshine delirium what is that lurking behind the curtain
There at an instant then gone with a flash" seems like the hallucinations of someone on a speedtrip. I was talking to this guy I worked with a little while, he explained all about his experiences when he was on speed, and it was a lot like the lyrics I just quoted.

I know, but "Third night in flight, my body says no but my mind says go" seems like it's about someone on a speed trip. Being awake partying for 3 days straight.
"Moonshine delirium what is that lurking behind the curtain
There at an instant then gone with a flash" seems like the hallucinations of someone on a speedtrip. I was talking to this guy I worked with a little while, he explained all about his experiences when he was on speed, and it was a lot like the lyrics I just quoted.

People go on benders where they are awake drinking and partying for days and days :lol: I don't know what your obsession with a speed trip is but who knows except Simen what he meant when he wrote it. I never said it WAS about drinking, but only offered it as an alternative to what you said :lol:

Also, doesn't moonshine cause hallucinations?

I just noticed that every topic on here becomes about Simen... and as much as I love the guy (I'm definitely the biggest fan here) I think we need to focus more on the band and their announcements :lol:

Yea, good idea.
Topics always fly off like this though lol

Yea, good idea.
Topics always fly off like this though lol

Because off topic is boring.

Ok, Borknagar is recording. We get it. Give us a song sample then we'll stay on topic.

Also Jens, Oystein, anyone, I'd really like to know if our theories about Simen are true! I know he asked a friend of mine if he had any coke one time.

Because off topic is boring.

Ok, Borknagar is recording. We get it. Give us a song sample then we'll stay on topic.

Also Jens, Oystein, anyone, I'd really like to know if our theories about Simen are true! I know he asked a friend of mine if he had any coke one time.

What? I don't think it's any of your business if Simen has had any coke. Comments like this are what make the Metal industry so pop-like nowadays.

What? I don't think it's any of your business if Simen has had any coke. Comments like this are what make the Metal industry so pop-like nowadays.

Well, it doesn't matter if it's my business or not. The fact is the man does or has done cocaine because he asked a good friend of mine for some!

No biggie, I do coke too.

Comments like that are what makes the metal industry pop like? Who cares about the metal industry? It's been a ridiculous faux-masculine joke from day one. And black metal is among the most ridiculous of all.

I hope the "metal industry" collapses under itself and dies out to be quite honest.

Well, it doesn't matter if it's my business or not. The fact is the man does or has done cocaine because he asked a good friend of mine for some!

No biggie, I do coke too.

Comments like that are what makes the metal industry pop like? Who cares about the metal industry? It's been a ridiculous faux-masculine joke from day one. And black metal is among the most ridiculous of all.

I hope the "metal industry" collapses under itself and dies out to be quite honest.

Then why do you keep posting here?

coke is for idiots, it eats away heart tissue, can cause deadly nose bleeds, and has contributed to many cases of colon and stomach cancers.

I'm pretty sure he knows that. At least most smart people do know. Most drugs are for idiots, I guess the ones that can't directly damage you are Maria Juana and alcoholic drinks. Still, everything in excess is not good for you.

coke is so 1980s!

coke may be bad for you but right now I'm just sobering up from my first proper drink in like 3 months. I'm about to run out of vitamin water, and my tea is cold because I passed out and forgot about it

Which is the new fashion right now? :p

Then why do you keep posting here?

I don't consider the progressiev/avant garde/whatever you want to call it sides of Borknagar, Age of Silence, Solefald, Enslaved, etc to be metal. Just music with heavy distortion. And they certainly aren't associated with the genre.

Besides, these days half of the metal industry are Mexicans in Slayer shirts.

I don't consider the progressiev/avant garde/whatever you want to call it sides of Borknagar, Age of Silence, Solefald, Enslaved, etc to be metal. Just music with heavy distortion. And they certainly aren't associated with the genre.

Besides, these days half of the metal industry are Mexicans in Slayer shirts.

I pretty much disagree with everything you just said.