When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

A couple weeks ago here at college on a day when we had really bad snowy weather and half of the staff and classes were gone or canceled, we still officially had school. It's what happens when the weather drastically changes after 5 AM.

London, well yeah.
People complained about the snow due to our infrastructure, in which all public transport has to close down and most works/schools decide to stay closed too.

Here in England we're lucky to get one day of thick snow, what's the point in investing a fuck ton of money on equipment/gritters etc. to cope with it when it rarely happens? It makes sense in Canada or Norway or anywhere that regularly has snow.

I agree, but still I believe most people there were making a big deal out of it when it really wasn't :p .

But it was. This is the thickest amount of snow we've had in a good decade or so, it was a mixture of excitement and frustration for people because we just have no idea how to react. Give them a break, what harm are they doing you? :p

I'm not fighting you know? :rolleyes:

I guess you've got a point there. I still find it amazing that they couldn't cope with it, but it's true that we Britts are never prepared for new stuff or surprises hehe :lol: . So in a way I'm not surprised now hehe.

I blame Asgeir for leaving and quitting the band. :lol:
I hope he knows I don't mean it's personal, but ever since he left so did a lot of the interest.

This is true. Happens a lot with bands when one member leaves. We'll get used to David's drumming though. Might even bring in new fans.

I blame Asgeir for leaving and quitting the band. :lol:
I hope he knows I don't mean it's personal, but ever since he left so did a lot of the interest.

I wouldn't say that his leaving has caused the forum to be so dead lately, but he certainly contributed a lot. He made lots of posts, and that kept the forum alive. I can once in a while revive the "global warming" thread, but that's not really the point of this forum :p .

Also, one of the questions I asked to Øystein is about the DVD Asgeir was making, and I can't wait for the reply :D .

Jens joined and Oystein posted a lot of updates, along with Jens, I think the forum was very, very active for the past while. I dunno why Asgeir stopped posting here though, even if he's not in the band :lol: He doesn't like us :(

I blame Asgeir too :rofl:DD...that's not fair, but he was the only band member who posted often here (maybe he had free time unlike the rest, he is an internet addict, I dunno). The new drummer doesn't appear here as Asgeir did, that's not good :rofl:.

Considering the activity of the band, I think this forum is very lively... I mean, a band that doesn't tour, who releases albums with 2 or more years from each other, with members who don't play in a lot of bands (excepting Vintersorg and all his projects, discused on his own forum), the forum can be alive just with OT shit or talk about the past.

Lately has been a lot of activity, due the recordings of the new album, so we have material to ask/speculate until the new album is released...be creative :p

Defiance said:
I agree, but still I believe most people there were making a big deal out of it when it really wasn't :p .

I understand pretty well to Isjungfrun.

A couple of days ago, here on Valparaíso the temperature reached near 26-27ºC. For most of you that's nothing, but here more than 25ºC means a too damn hot day. I felt sick all day long, as a lot of another people (my case is very special, I can't stand high temperatures, on the contrary I tolerate pretty well very low ones). It's not fair IMO to compare situations of totally different places, without taking into account the usual way of life. Some centeramericans (from Panamá and Honduras mainly) who were here were frozen to death just for the 6-7ºC on the morning, and the 10ºC on afternoon... I dunno if they were exaggerating or not, but I used just a t-shirt and boxer trunks at 07:00.

'Deniro' is greek, it is money.

Actually 'drachmas' called money in Greece before changing to Euro. Maybe he means 'dinar' which is the Yogoslavian currency....i don't know...or even better maybe he's talking about 'Robert DeNiro'...no, seriously now, i've seen some interested things written here but i wouldn't like to call back the drug matter. Have all a great, healthy day!

I'd like the help of Borknagar fans and band members alike on this(if any so please, I'm sure they're not Christians :)) My Grandma asked me when I was going to go to church again and I laughed and thought it was funny she kept asking, then she said "I don't want you to go to Hell over this" I told her under America's first Amendment I could believe and do what I please, she didn't know what the First Amendment was, and she asks me "What's wrong with the Bible", I tell her it's gt good and bad things in it lie all religions but there were sexist and homophobic verses in the Bible as well as other religious books along with that's their no proof of the bible being true. Her response: The Bible is the proof, and she also couldn't believe there were other non-Christian atheists at college with me. Does anyone else have family members like this? That have little education and believe the Bible's true because everyone else says it is? Her views seem ridiculous to me, I think most people in my area believe like her, except not to the extent of not knowing of atheists and the First Amendment.