When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

I was at the Inferno Festival in Oslo two weeks ago. Lots of great shows, including a very intimate Wardruna concert in a viking ship museum. Good times had by all.

Man, that's pretty good. I have to say I like Asgeir's drumming a bit better though.
But this is a good enough replacement.
Can't wait to hear what it all sounds like together.

Great video, thanks a lot!

The drums at first sounded a bit like Empiricism hehe. I really like Dave's playing, I think that he's a better drummer than Asgeir to be honest. :headbang:

I wouldn't say he is better than Asgeir. He is good enough to fill Asgeir's shoes, but I hope he doesn't try to play like Asgeir, I wanna hear something different (yet brutal and progressive at the same time) from him.

What I really expect from Dave is some hellish speed, it can be done on blastbeasts, on double bass drums (not like the ridiculous speed from Dimmu's The Chosen Legacy btw), etx but I hope to hear some fast stuff on the new album.

Well, I found this clip from the song "Funebre" (by Ulver), taken from the show they did this Saturday at Maihaugsalen, Lillehammer. The quality is not good, though, but you can actually catch a bit of their performance. And hell I wish I was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say he is better than Asgeir. He is good enough to fill Asgeir's shoes, but I hope he doesn't try to play like Asgeir, I wanna hear something different (yet brutal and progressive at the same time) from him.

That's more or less what I meant.

Well, I found this clip from the song "Funebre" (by Ulver), taken from the show they did this Saturday at Maihaugsalen, Lillehammer. The quality is not good, though, but you can actually catch a bit of their performance. And hell I wish I was there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yluK-SSk4Z8

A Norwegian newspaper gave the show a 4/6. I think it was mentioned that the band liked playing live and they might well do it again.

I thought Garm disliked playing live... He never did with Borknagar or Arcturus, in fact I've heard he refused to.

he played live in New York in september 2007 for the Shadows of the Sun release party. and I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) he played a few shows with a band called Æthenor last year.

Really hoping that Ulver will play some more shows closer to home.