When the oceans rise - General Chat Thread

Must have been awesome, the only dream I've had lately was horrible. In the dream I cut out my own flesh from my mouth and ate it. I woke up confused and scared, and I still am.

It wasn't too interesting. I had been watching The Matrix just before I went to sleep so I was dreaming that we were constantly under threat by some sort of high tech creatures, the world wasn't destroyed or anything but we were constantly under threat and had troubles settling down so we were always on the move. Although there was one place where we had pretty much settled down and things were going al right, we were under protection by something, I just remember it being a really bright light, white that constantly changed between reds and purples, it was very pretty. Anyway, for some reason I was travelling with Tyr, Asgeir and Lars and a few other folk I know and we arrived at this settlement and head straight to an Inn. Asgeir, Lars and my friends ran off to eat some fried chicken and me a Tyr took all our luggage up to our rooms. Tyr sat down playing around on his bass and then I started singing Colossus, after a while Asgeir and Lars returned with their faces stuffed with chicken and Asgeir was mocking me saying I had a shit voice, but that didn't last long because he lost his voice and all he could do was make chicken noises (I guess I ate too much chicken yesterday huh?). Then the settlement got attacked and all I remember after that was flying around in space.

Wheeeeeeeeeee. I love my dreams.

:lol: How did he know it was Colossus you were screaming?

He really likes that song, although he doesn't like Quintessence much.

There were a few other things, but nothing too special or interesting, but they made the entire dream feel that extra bit better. I remember beautiful landscapes, Tyr and I were stood up on a hill overlooking the settlement, it was surrounded by cliffs and everything was so green with that glowy protective colours above us, the view was fucking beautiful and that's all we could say to each other. Little things like that makes me want to sleep more and more.

I thought Asgeir would be a shepherd in your dreams, looking after his flock of crazy sheep!

"The drummer is so calm and serene. He looks like Jesus."

asgeirsheepavatarzh0.jpg

Well since Borknagar's new album won't be out till '09, I can safely say that Leviathan's Massive Conspiracy Against All Life is a strong candidate for the best album of '08.

Nachtmystium pending, of course.

Last night I listened to Pills Against the Ageless Ills again, it had been at least one year since last time I heard it.
Made me realize once again what an amazing album it is! Lazare's drumwork is superb, he must have trashed the crap out of it on "Hate Yourself", the blastbeat on that song is insane.

It really feels good to listen to cd's that have been collecting dust for the past months/years every once in a while before going to sleep, while lying flat on the bed in the dark with eyes closed and using a good pair of headphones. Similarly, I listened to all of Arcturus' stuff a few weeks ago, which I also hadn't touched in a long time.

My 2nd HDD seems to not be working for some reason, I have all my music on there and now I'm stuck listening to my rather poor CD collection instead. I don't have Pills Against The Ageless Ills or In Harmonia physically... my favourite albums *cry*

I heard I could order both albums directly from Cornelius though right? I'm usually too cautious about purchasing stuff online from things like Amazon or eBay, so if I could get them from the man himself....

Hmm I dunno, where did you hear that? Those two albums were released on Century Media, I doubt they let Cornelius distribute their cd's through Von Jakhelln Inhuman.
btw yeah I'd watch out when you try to get stuff from eBay, but imo there's nothing wrong with Amazon :)

^ Yeah, you've got to be careful when buying on e-bay. I've been ripped-off like three or 4 times, luckily nothing too serious.

Last one was when I bought the "Trail of Life Decayed" demo of DT, which turned out to be a fake. The seller didn't believe me, but I got my money back at least (he doesn't pay for the shipping costs to CR, so I lost some cash there).

Still, you can find the best items on e-bay, you just have to be careful. There's no reason not to buy on e-Bay, the site itself is 100% secure (just watch out for mails asking you for money, every mail will be addressed to you with your name written on it. e.g. Dear Isjungrun...), most of the problems arise because you're not careful enough.

Don't buy from seller Rasofocs or wwpins, it's the same guy and only sells Mexican cds.

Amazon is also quite good, it definitely has every book you'd want. Those are basically the only things I buy from amazon. It's a fucking great company, as it is e-bay if I may say so :headbang: .

Really, Isjungfrun you should get an account on e-bay and amazon, they're safe. If you have any doubts/fears about that, just PM and I'll give you some tips :).

^Is that the Mexican guy who had that Ulver shirt on Souls Haven Tees?
Also honest mistakes can happen on Ebay from sellers not meaning to rip people off. I did it on accident recently since I'm new at selling. I didn't put in the info that the CD's didn't come with cases but just the inserts and the buyer was upset. I feel bad about it too, I really don't mean to upset or hurt any buyers off ebay.:erk:
But you live and you learn, I'll make sure to inform if I don't have a case to go with the CD.

^Is that the Mexican guy who had that Ulver shirt on Souls Haven Tees?
Also honest mistakes can happen on Ebay from sellers not meaning to rip people off. I did it on accident recently since I'm new at selling. I didn't put in the info that the CD's didn't come with cases but just the inserts and the buyer was upset. I feel bad about it too, I really don't mean to upset or hurt any buyers off ebay.:erk:
But you live and you learn, I'll make sure to inform if I don't have a case to go with the CD.

No idea, the name of the seller is either "wwpins" or "rasofocs."

Yeah I guess the last time (with the DT demo) wasn't really a rip-off because apparently the seller "didn't" know it was fake. It is fake anyhow, the booklet is not made of glossy paper.

At Zephyrus: Koude Haat sends me CD's without cases a lot of the time to save shipping costs and I don't have any extra cases so that's why I didn't have a case with it, otherwise he would have gotten cases.

I've seen some interesting rarities on Ebay since I began browsing the site late last year, like the original Deathlike Silence Burzum Aske CD(It'd be great to own it but 250 $ is more than I'd pay, I'd rather buy a Nintendo Wii for that), Ulver original Nattens Madrigal shirt(I'd love to have it, but 65 $ is too much) and original Vargnatt shirt(sold for over 30 $), and original Mysticum In The Streams of Inferno shirt(Went for over 60 $). Some Cradle of Filth demos go regularly as well on Ebay.

http://www.myspace.com/fyrdsman

My friend's musical project. I met him through the Vintersorg boards oddly enough and we've become such amazing friends IRL. I love his music. Sitting in his bedroom watching him just play and showing me rough drafts of music is probably one of the best experiences ever. It's just wondering to watch how someone can create such beautiful music.

I think some of you guys might really like his stuff, even more so when he gets better. For a guy sitting in his bedroom with no top range equipment... it's pretty brilliant.