When was the last time any of you...

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... showed up at the record store before it opened just so you could be the first to buy a new CD?

I did that today. I even wore the band's shirt. The wife thought that was a bit over the top. Funny thing was, the guy at the store was wearing the band's shirt too!

Teutonic Witch is mine!

Never heard of them!! hehe.

Um ... never.

I do my shopping online these days. Only store around here that I know of that sells metal is FYE, and I'd rather support good labels/bands... over them.

And I wasn't the guy waiting in line for hours for a midnight release of Metallica albums...

I've got to wait a couple of months to hear it...

So was there a line? Have there been any reports of people pulling out their hair?

Strong off the amazing 'Politics of Ecstasy' by Nevermore, I rushed to the shop the day of release to get 'Dreaming Neon Black', the store didn't have it. Repeat for the next three days, eventually I had it.

I remember being slightly disappointed at much filler, odd Warrel Dane vocal choices and the kind of silly concept. Also, this record must have been mastered pretty hot because even then when I didn't know much about the technicalitites of compression, I remember thinking 'holy shit, this is the only heavy metal album I own I feel the need to turn down'. Ear fartigue.

I didn't rush out to buy 'Dead Heart in a Dead World', obviously.

I've never actually lined up before a store has opened, but I've bought a few on release day. None recently that I can remember though, aside from the Incantation - Onward To Golgotha reissue, which I actually got a few days before release date, but that doesn't really count. I completely forgot about that RB release though, I definitely have to get it as soon as possible. I was finally able to track down a copy of The Puritan's MLP, so I'm looking forward to getting that in the mail.