wheres th IN FLAMES board???

Just wanna say that I finally got Reroute to Remain yesterday...and it rates with Jester Race in my books...maybe not for the same reasons, but some of those songs really hit me on an emotional level...especially Trigger and Freefall...they pretty much summed up all my feelings at this point. Congratulations In Flames, wherever you are.

Okay, here's some not-so-official-yet-rather-reliable info:

I went to the IF-concert in Tampere yesterday (more to see Soilwork and Pain, but anyway). After the gig (which was great - my arms and neck hurt like hell), I met several guys from the band at a local bar and had a little chat with the very cheerful Anders Fridén. I asked him about the disappearance of the forum and his reply was something along the lines of:

Yes, we shut it. There was too much shit going around, people who don't know us talking fucked up things about our lives, etc.

I agreed with that, but asked why they didn't just try to moderate the discussion there, where Anders replied something like:

That would be dishonest, we don't want to prevent people from talking shit, they just need to talk shit at someplace else.

I tried to ask him, if he realized how disappointed some of their fans were, but he simply said that:

The ones to blame are those few, who had been insulting the band and the real fans will find a place somewhere

He gave me the impression that In Flames (or at least Anders personally) was very fed up with all the internet-communication regarding the band and wanted to turn back the time to those days when artists didn't necessarily need to be in any contact with their fans, except for the gigs (and he said they had enjoyed the whole tour a lot) - despite the lack of realism there, I have to admit they did the right thing, if the forum really was bothering them that much. Perhaps they just should have done it a few years earlier (but that's hindsight)...

About the lack of a pre-warning or an explanation, he just said that there had been too much hazzle regarding their explanation for the previous forum-closing, so that they just decided to exterminate it all and forget about it.

Note that we were both somewhat drunk during our small conversation (and some too good-looking girl was stealing the majority of Anders' attention from me) and thus the above sentences should not be taken as direct quotes.

-Villain (doc T. as an undercover IF-spy)

Originally posted by Villain
He gave me the impression that In Flames (or at least Anders personally) was very fed up with all the internet-communication regarding the band and wanted to turn back the time to those days when artists didn't necessarily need to be in any contact with their fans, except for the gigs (and he said they had enjoyed the whole tour a lot) - despite the lack of realism there,
Would you care to elaborate, I think I got lost somehere along those lines, do they want to pull a "diva" attitude and just play without interaction wth the fans other than that when they are onstage ??? ... :rolleyes:

A breakthrough! I'm rather surprised it took our own resourceful Finn to solve this case, when they have done dozens of gigs around Europe since the forum was deleted. Thanks a lot Villain! There is nothing I hate more than an unsolved mystery.

And this indeed, does confirm my suspicion that In Flames are morons.

Originally posted by Villain
Yes, we shut it. There was too much shit going around, people who don't know us talking fucked up things about our lives, etc.

..He gave me the impression that In Flames (or at least Anders personally) was very fed up with all the internet-communication regarding the band and wanted to turn back the time to those days when artists didn't necessarily need to be in any contact with their fans, except for the gigs (and he said they had enjoyed the whole tour a lot) - despite the lack of realism there, I have to admit they did the right thing, if the forum really was bothering them that much. Perhaps they just should have done it a few years earlier (but that's hindsight)...

...Note that we were both somewhat drunk during our small conversation (and some too good-looking girl was stealing the majority of Anders' attention from me) and thus the above sentences should not be taken as direct quotes.

-Villain (doc T. as an undercover IF-spy)
Mission accomplished, Villain. Bless your divine heart. Thank you for doing that for the IF fans. *smoochsmoochsmooch*

As my first post on the DT forum (hello everyone, btw.. love to you and your forum!) .. it makes me wonder exactly what got posted at the old forum that was potentially damaging their private lives? ;) I can think of a few examples, but I won't clog up the honorable DT forum. Cheers, all.

I have no clue wtf Anders is talking about, I dont remember anything personally insulting to them before the board shut down...

ANYWAY! Many many thanks for our undercover doctor for shedding light on this mystery of ages :D

remember there was a post a little while back on the IF board where some idiot claimed that he saw Jesper dropping acid on stage during a show ... he kept saying he was right when people who were at the same show said they didn't see it ... even when InFlamesPainInTheAss, who's a roadie for In Flames, denied those claims, that asshole kept saying he was right

it's a serious thing to say cause it makes Jesper look like some unprofessionnal jerk, which I'm pretty sure he's not ... otherwise I would think we would have heard from it from show reports

so when Anders says that people were saying fucked things about them, that's gotta be one of them

thank you, doctor tranquillity. :) and welcome to episode666!

i don't find these reasons exceptionally revealing. most of all, i find them very shallow. moderating would have been dishonest, while taking down the whole thing without a word of explanation sounded like a civil thing to do. *shakes head*

rahvin.

Originally posted by Ormir
And this indeed, does confirm my suspicion that In Flames are morons.

were all intitled to our opininos but if you dont like them then simple dont listen to them,frankly i dont blame them the amount of shit they got for r2r i would have lost it as well!!!

well, let me try and say something in favor of in flames. i am pretty sure that, had they tried to discuss in a civil manner with those who misbehaved, they would just have gotten more bad jokes and more unfair treatment. people who adopt offensive attitudes normally do so because they think it is cool and there is no way of talking them back into reason; i reckon that moderating the forum could have been a way to restore civility while keeping the discussion open, but it's something that requires time, not to mention the endowment of some individual with a degree of arbitrary power without knowing beforehand whether he/she will use it appropriately.

in this light, i see as fit the decision of closing the board down: if some people can't conduct themselves as adults (or what they construe to be "adults", for the purists) the band might just want to drop them. as for the good fans, they should have tried and stopped the assholes, and as anders said they will be able to reconstruct a community, this time with clear guidelines and standards, somewhere else. it's not a duty of the band.

h

Originally posted by hyena
it's something that requires time, not to mention the endowment of some individual with a degree of arbitrary power without knowing beforehand whether he/she will use it appropriately.

the point is they already had one. i find your opinion absolutely correct, but facts were just different under a couple of aspects.
for instance, they had a full time moderator they trusted, who's known for having exercised board administration until the day of the accident.
moreover, those who misbehaved would just stop in a week or two. as far as i know, they had already by the time the forum was taken down.

rahvin.

this doesn't make any sense!

if the real fans find somewhere else to have discussions. it will be beyond the band's control. they can't moderate it and the moroni element will still be there but they will be unstoppable in their inane babblings.

:confused:

It could just have disappeared due to some technical emergency, couldn't it?

Or perhaps it's true, too many (in)flames burned the board out.
A change of monicker could be helpful, to prevent future episodes like this. "Netpolicy" "Moderation" something like that ;)

Originally posted by Aeonstream
It could just have disappeared due to some technical emergency, couldn't it?

according to what villain found out (see his latest post on this thread) it doesn't seem likely...

as for the change of monicker, bubu still rules supreme. :)

rahvin.

bah. life goes on with or without an In Flames forum :rolleyes:

and, *if* an IF board ever returns to the WWW, so will i, and i will retain my user name because i don't think i posted anything baaad (that i'm aware of).

forever is a long time, Ahhhndears, wherever you are.

heh, i don't know why but "who said i was sane" keeps repeating in my brain. i can't get that song out of my head! ;-)

np: r2r