wheres th IN FLAMES board???

Originally posted by Villain
I'm to see In Flames (with Soilwork and Pain) on the 5th of November in Tampere and unless they publicly explain this thing here beforehand I'll try to ask them about it there. Not that it interests me so much, but I'm just a bit afraid that this kind of behaviour might be spreading...

Luckily we have a moderating dwarf, who can handle this place.

-Villain

Dont forget us, the hard working elitist old timer spam warriors who use only the power of the all mighty sarcasm

Originally posted by rahvin
@mattias of the night: just one more thing. you should avoid comments and links like the one you posted in the future.
for a start, we know nothing about the reasons the in flames board went down, so personal attacks on its moderator are arbitrary at the very least.

OI!!!

I was trying to make fun of the whiny fans, not Fredrik and the band.

And rest assured, I certainly don't discriminate, so worries won't be neccessary from anyone. I love all people. Regardless of skin color, gender, gayness, religion, musical preference, hair length, political views, and all that. That might not stop me from making fun of them, or possibly make them disappear, like I do, but still... I'll try. For you!

thank you. :) i wasn't referring to you with the discrimination warning anyway.

i'm all for having fun (together, if it's possible) and taking things in a light-hearted way. however, i understand from a couple of signals that there might be no laughing matter behind the disappearing of the in flames forums online.
so, in astonishing accord with my title ( :eek: ) i'm gonna suggest a hint of moderation in dealing with this, at least until we know what happened. if the real reason ever turns out to be some serious issue concerning the band, their moderator or whatever else, with hindsight we might feel sorry for having inadvertently touched a nerve with what otherwise would have been a perfectly innocent and innocuous joke. :)

rahvin.

Sorry for reacting so emotionally. My objections were about the mentioned link only! Right before that I was trying to save a whole thread that got deleted just because of that link. What I meant in my post was: this thread was not the place to post personal attacks.
I appreciate the style and the tone in Dark Tranquillity’s forum, follow the discussions with interest and would not at all want the board members and the band to suffer any negative consequences of “hosting the joke”.
Thank you for letting In Flames’ forum members use DT’s forum so they could establish contact with each other and move forward.

On a personal note, I admire rahvin’s leadership skills and his dedication to the community!

@metaphor: :oops: thanks. :eek:

about the link: ah, a thread with it got deleted on another board. it's clearer now. :)

well, i'll try to create as little discontent around this link as is humanly possible. on the one hand, i understand it's eliciting very controversial responses and i wouldn't want someone who's not here to be the recipient of personal attacks.
on the other hand, i don't want to establish a landmark saying "i come down on everything that is controversial", because i don't want this board to turn into the knitting widows' friday night chatting club either.

so i suggest we exchange hostages. the link gets substituted, whether you are willing or not. but since i'm the one being a fascist now, at its place you post an adequately humorous link offending me and threatening me of horrible things.
my soft spots: i'm 25 and i don't have a degree yet; i've repeatedly dated compulsive liars; i've been known to be shady and not-very-straightforward for a long period of my life.
work on it, mattias of the night. if you haven't changed the link in the post by morning light, i will remove this one anyway. :D

rahvin.

I realised now that thing What Stomp Box?/In Flames Live in Gothenburg will never post again. Not that he/she/it has been here for a while.

*sigh* The bad thing is the board members (such as Child in Flames, MistralMetal, Pre, InVain316, and others) who mainly post or browse on the IF place may not ever post again and leave... :(

The old board members who may decide to come back will not be able to find this place in the future either with links to all forums being gone. This place has some of the forum members from way back when, so it's as close as you can get to the old place.

It's great a few of the forum members are here. :)
Hopefully a few of the other forum members will decide to visit... I miss the times I had on the forum.

@Mattias: even if the joke was a bit... sarcastic and jabbing, I always have to giggle a bit at your computer image wizardry. Good to see you here. :) What happened to your Metallica site anyways? Also where is Studio Palmman (I can't get the link to it now) ? :)

it is true what my gf pointed out last night: not even famous rockstars ever alienate their fanbase this way. your fans are the ppl that buy your records and help you get through the day. all those who were moderately interested in in flames and used to communicate on their message boards will likely lose interest, find something else to do, or simply get so pissed off they won't consider buying in flames stuff again. *shakes head in disbelief*

rahvin.

Ok, I have been gone for over a week now and I have to catch up with everyting on these boards. So what is the matter with the IF board. It's simply gone. What happend and for how long has it been gone?

like the americans: shoot first, then ask questions :)
see the other thread on this topic

vc: summoning another anti-america-thread nobody needs

For few days, a lot of theories and specultation, but no concrete reason as to why it been tooken off. But their AOL & other stuff (not having to do with the UM forums) have also been taken off. Only In Flames and the top Webmasters know the real reaseon why & I don't think they gave any real reasons to my knowledge.

WTF is this anyway?
Here I'm gone for a week and when coming back realizing the IF board is closed. I've read all your thoughts and some make sense. It's a shame the board is down and I really hope some day they will have some place to post on. Meanwhile I take shelter here at my old beloved DT board.

I will remember the days...:cry: