Which album is superior? Damage Done vs. Reroute To Remain

@Seventi: The new vintersorg is definately worth picking up, but after a week or so of having it and 4 or 5 listens, it hasn't grown on me as quick as I thought it would. It's...different from cosmic genesis...a little more experimental, I guess. I'm not giving up on it yet...some of my favorite albums took a while to get into...and they weren't competing with DD for listening time ;)

@rahvin: wow, I forgot about that album :) That was one of the best releases I picked up the first half of this year. Although I guess it couldn't have liked all it that much or it wouldn't be buried somewhere in my room :p I remember thinking something like half the songs were great and the others just mediocre....but it's been a while since I last heard it.

Humanure (who now has another CD to throw into his listening mix)

A rhetorical poll - of course Damage Done is better. What about a more interesting comparison: Damage Done versus Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos? For me the jury is still out on this.

i love both albums, but damage done is simply a masterpiece, so i voted for that :]

i must say, however, that reroute to remain has excellent replay value due to the variation in songs...lots of hard stuff, some incredible choruses, and cool clean/acoustic songs...very addictive

i've already stopped listening to DD incessantly (took me like 3 weeks :p), but i think RTR will hold my attention longer :eek:

Originally posted by silentplanetscot
damage done is the cd of 2002!!

Yep, either DD or Satyricon's Volcano, not sure which I like more right now, but after I got the Satyricon, DD hasn't been in my machine once :eek: :OMG:

I've been bouncing off the walls since I picked this beauty up from the shop this week. I've been hearing the tracks on the radio, and shit, what a drastic improvement on 'Haven' and 'Projector'. I realy thought they would disappear up their own arse holes, but they've proven me wrong. Love the retro film clip to 'Monochromatic Stains'.

Well I realise that the DD album SHOULD be better than the RtR one... but the album is more intricate and still hasn't grown very much on me, while In Flames one did.

I don't know, but right now I prefer listening to it rather than DD. Will change in a couple of day I guess.

Samarkol

well you guys are gonna kill me, but i like R2R for some reason, i listen to it almost everyday, DD just didnt catch as well as R2R, but dont get me wrong DD is awesome, especially monochromatic stains and cathode ray sunshine

DD is the pinnacle for death melodic song like they are doing. However the are not varying very much their sound if that last album. RtR is alot more diverse, so it may be musiccaly worse, but it deserve a better replay value.

Sam