Which album is superior? Damage Done vs. Reroute To Remain

Well,, I liked Projector way more. I did like that gothic stuff.

Originally posted by rahvin
i liked natural born chaos a lot more than i liked r2r, but still damage done is entirely on another level.

rahvin.

I heard some songs of natural born chaos. Dont you guys think soilwork sounds like Static X?

@misanthrope: yeah, i guess so. at least, provided one rates dd the best of those three, usually nbc comes second. but who knows what those in flames likers might think? they're a different species entirely. ;)

rahvin. (doesn't know who static-x are)

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
are you fucking deaf? static-x could never pull off solos that sound so good like soilwork does.

I read a review at allmusic.com about "natural born chaos" saying that it sounds like Static X, So I tried listening to 3 of those songs and the voice sounds like static X, and the keyboards too. I didnt like the songs. Soilwork was way better in the other cd.

Originally posted by Silent Downfall
the only reason you say that is because some reviewer said that. i heard NBC sounded like numetal so i didnt check it out for a while. then i heard some more people say how cool it was so i checked it out and it is a pretty decent album.

besides allmusic.com doesnt know SHIT about metal. i mean look at their ratings for some of the bands.

ok, thats your opinion... Im still thinking the voice of the singer sounds like static x. Soilwork is not numetal, I've never said it was. only the voice and the keyboards could be compared to static x.

Damage Done runs laps around Reroute to Remain. Just look at the album names. Reroute to Remain? In flames certinly seems to be rerouting thier style to remain favorite among the fans. But with Dark Tranquillity, the Damage has been Done. End of story. No struggles there. DT owns, and that is the fact of the matter.

Originally posted by Mad Poet
A rhetorical poll - of course Damage Done is better. What about a more interesting comparison: Damage Done versus Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos? For me the jury is still out on this.

nbc is one of crapiest cds i have ever heard its so weak i prefer predators!!

Yes, RtR was a bitter disappointment in my eyes also. There are a few good songs off of it, but compared to past In Flames albums, it is just lacking. The guitar rifts are flat. The clean vocals are horrendously bad....

Seriously, the past In Flames albums kicked ass (whoracle, jester race, and colony anyone). RtR is just bland.