Which band got you into metal?

Originally posted by Oyo
Ok... Everyone load your crossbows, reload your guns, and get your rock throwing arms ready, the band that got me into metal was limp bizkit

:eek: :eek:
i have to admit that i wasn't expecting sth like that ;)
it is mostly the other way around...i mean metalheads becoming nu-metalheadz

Originally posted by J the TyranT
Only song I dug on SR was "Eileen" or some shit like that.
really? :eek: I like especially the riffs in "enemy" a lot (but not that "guitar solo" :erk: ) ; face against my soul, subhuman race, beat yourself blind, etc... hey, what's wrong with these songs? :lol: I, know, I know: all a matter of taste - nevermind! ;) :)

A friend brought along a tape with some Blind Guardian songs on it when he was visiting me. Some days later I went to the store and bought Nightfall in Middle-Earth. And then I was addicted. *g*

I heard some songs off Master of Puppets back in the late 80's, but I never erally got into metal until I bought the Black Album. From there I jumped to Iron Maiden, In Flames and Children of Bodom. the rest, as they say, is history.

I truly hope that won't happen to me... but it probably will not, as my music... is such a part of me. It expresses my inner turmoil (or happiness), and helps me through my feelings of sadness...

I don't think most pop music can ever embody intense emotions, especially the negative ones. Most pop is just happy, bland manufactured stuff... not relating to my life.

I like metal as well as some rock, and even music that is neither (I'm really getting into David Gray right now). As long as it has some appeal and is beautiful to me.

Down and David Gray... there is music that I can relate to... if that is immature or, more likely, casts me as unstable -- so be it. :)

it seem onloy oyo and me are THAT young (hopefully you od know ho to take it) the band that got me into metal was ,sadly (cuz i dont like em that much now...) Hammerfall thenit all started to fall by Blind Guardin iced Eart and Angra the cmae the "blakc revelation" wiht Cradle of filth and tristania (the first two)
that was about 4 or 5 years ago
btw im 18

I have not answered this thread? What is this!

Well... Iron Maiden... Then Helloween, followed by Gamma Ray (later) and loads of Power Metal... Then I listened to In Flames and downwards i went... :D

That´s the short story, as I´m sure you won´t read it if I mde it longer...:p

-phyros

Oddly enough, Rammstein. And from there, it pretty much got heavier. Still, Vintersorg is The One and Only for me. The best music I've ever heard. Hell, not many artists find me actually buying their records :p

Originally posted by Vanir
Oddly enough, Rammstein. And from there, it pretty much got heavier. Still, Vintersorg is The One and Only for me. The best music I've ever heard. Hell, not many artists find me actually buying their records :p

Well, I'm not a fan of Rammstein, but I do give them a big respect, they are very good musicians and their shows are excellent!
Vintersorg is on top of many bands I love. He actually kicked Bruce Dickinson of the throne, which means alot!

Originally posted by Phyros
I have not answered this thread? What is this!

Well... Iron Maiden... Then Helloween, followed by Gamma Ray (later) and loads of Power Metal... Then I listened to In Flames and downwards i went... :D

That´s the short story, as I´m sure you won´t read it if I mde it longer...:p

-phyros

Come on, tell us more, I really miss your posts, you are not that often here anymore *me thinks* :cry: