Which bands are you going to see live?

Thanks Nellinha!

I hope so. I've never seen them, and a few years ago i would never say that i would go to a gig of Scorpions :lol: But i think it will be worth it!

I hope you enjoy Fish's gig tomorrow as well! :)

Thanks Nellinha!

I hope so. I've never seen them, and a few years ago i would never say that i would go to a gig of Scorpions :lol: But i think it will be worth it!

I hope you enjoy Fish's gig tomorrow as well! :)

Anytime! And thanks as well! ;)

Next Sunday I'm gonna see a very famous Portuguese band... Xutos & Pontapés. Sikarra can tell you about them... :p

Let me guess, Xutos & Pontapés is a Portugese girlie-band your cousin is dragging you to this time? ;)

Rob, even if you said especially for Nellinha, I had a sneaky look at the link you posted ---- and what marvellous pictures of the Fish gig! Wow. Thanks!

And to stick with the thread: This week's a busy one! Thursday Jane & Poseidon's Creation (ELOY cover band), Friday RIVERSIDE, Sunday KYRB GRINDER !!!!! And a visit from Light, which is nice. :)

Let me guess, Xutos & Pontapés is a Portugese girlie-band your cousin is dragging you to this time? ;)

:lol::lol::lol: Nice try Madrigal!
Actually my cousin isn't going... he's grounded! If his parents won't ground him, I will... so no Fish and no gigs till the end of the year. We made a deal: he was gonna keep up his grades and behave and I'd find a way to make him join me in London for some days (which included the Threshold/Kamelot gig). Guess what... he's been skipping classes and lowering his grades, besides he's been taking too many wrong paths, if you know what I mean... I just hope he 'wakes up' on time. In the meanwhile, I'm grounding him. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!

About Xutos & Pontapés: http://www.last.fm/music/Xutos+%26+Pontap%C3%A9s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xutos_&_Pontapés

So no girlie-band, you see? ;)

PS: Both 'Xutos' and 'Pontapés' mean 'Kicks' in Portuguese.

Ooh that's cool, half the Ayreon forum will be present there aswell.
So apparently also half of the Dutchies form this forum :lol:

Ekk...

Past note, IQ was great, although The Havest Of Souls is a tad too long...wish they'd play a part or two from it instead (it consists of 6 parts in total). They did that with The Last Human Gateway on Forever Live, for example.

Lots of nice tracks were played, quite a few long ones too such as The Seventh House and The Darkest Hour. No "Egg Dicky Dicky" this time, though. Managed to pick up their new Forever Live DVD as well. <3

Funny note: I nearly passed out at the Albert Hein supermarket that very morning for reasons unknown. Luckily the rest of the day and the days after were fine.

Next up, as I mentioned earlier, Marillion on December 7th and Deadsoul Tribe/Kyrbgrinder/The Old Dead Tree on December 8th. Busy busy weekend.

Anytime! And thanks as well! ;)

Next Sunday I'm gonna see a very famous Portuguese band... Xutos & Pontapés. Sikarra can tell you about them... :p

:headbang: THE portuguese rock band! :worship:

I love them. Actually i was planning on going to see them, but i eventually decided otherwise. I ended my gig season yesterday with Scorpions (which, btw, gave a pretty good show!). I already saw Xutos twice this year in Lisbon, and both of them for free. So i'm gonna save some money this time. It's Xmas and all, and i'll probably be away from Lisbon in the next weekend. But i hope it will be a great gig, as always. I've seen them so many times i lost count...

Rob, even if you said especially for Nellinha, I had a sneaky look at the link you posted ---- and what marvellous pictures of the Fish gig! Wow. Thanks!

And to stick with the thread: This week's a busy one! Thursday Jane & Poseidon's Creation (ELOY cover band), Friday RIVERSIDE, Sunday KYRB GRINDER !!!!! And a visit from Light, which is nice. :)
:lol:

Far far from the truth. They rock!

:lol::lol::lol: Nice try Madrigal!
Actually my cousin isn't going... he's grounded! If his parents won't ground him, I will... so no Fish and no gigs till the end of the year. We made a deal: he was gonna keep up his grades and behave and I'd find a way to make him join me in London for some days (which included the Threshold/Kamelot gig). Guess what... he's been skipping classes and lowering his grades, besides he's been taking too many wrong paths, if you know what I mean... I just hope he 'wakes up' on time. In the meanwhile, I'm grounding him. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!

About Xutos & Pontapés: http://www.last.fm/music/Xutos+%26+Pontap%C3%A9s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xutos_&_Pontapés

So no girlie-band, you see? ;)

PS: Both 'Xutos' and 'Pontapés' mean 'Kicks' in Portuguese.
Well....he's rather young no? It's natural in most cases i guess.

Just ran and checked the tour dates and sadly the Marillion tour is only covering UK, Netherlands and Paris. Poo.
How did you like Somewhere Else then? I just cannot get into it for some reason.

Sorry I missed your message Madrigal... Marillion are touring Germany too. And I fully understand why you're having a hard time getting into Somewhere Else, I did too, although it kinda grew on me. I just hope the next album (due September 2008) is more to our liking... ;)

Well....he's rather young no? It's natural in most cases i guess.

Yeah, he's 16, but... his parents let him do whatever he wants and money is no issue. Sometimes he acts just like a spoilt brat, so I feel once in a while he needs a reality check, that's all.

Yeah, he's 16, but... his parents let him do whatever he wants and money is no issue. Sometimes he acts just like a spoilt brat, so I feel once in a while he needs a reality check, that's all.
Well, kids will be kids. With a proper guidance he'll come around eventually. :)

Oh well still a shame i did not meet up with the other MF united members, but then again i missed half of Maiden because i was watching Pain of Salvation.
Wait a minute! You're also at the Maiden Fans United forum? Cool! I went to FoR with other members from there, and i met a few more there. Tapers mostly. Nice people!! :)

Damn I missed the show…*how was it tell me more ? How was Anathema ?

Well I had never heard Anathema and I found it boring. Maybe I could appreciate their music at home, well seated on my sofa but in a live environment it didn't really impress me.

As for Porcupine Tree, they really concentrated on their last productions and the heavier side of their music :headbang: The sound was really awesome and the playing was great. Gavin Harrison is just a monster on the drums. And Steve Wilson is a good showman.

(Amzing thing : the morning of the show, there was an article about it in the free newspapers Metro in Paris :loco:)

Well I had never heard Anathema and I found it boring. Maybe I could appreciate their music at home, well seated on my sofa but in a live environment it didn't really impress me.

I understand how you feel. They have the tendency to play soft dreamy songs during their more recent gigs. They have rockier songs, and in the old days (early 90's until 1995) they played melodic doom metal. I miss those days...

As for Porcupine Tree, they really concentrated on their last productions and the heavier side of their music :headbang: The sound was really awesome and the playing was great. Gavin Harrison is just a monster on the drums. And Steve Wilson is a good showman.

I didn't realise they focused on their recent stuff like that. Not necessarily bad (in some cases, GREAT!)...

You're welcome, as always!

On stazionebirra.it by the way you can find galleries of all the gigs played there, I suggest you to have a look, it's a quality club! :Smug: