Which bands are you going to see live?

Should be off to see Circa Survive, Fightstar, Madina Lake and Coheed & Cambria on February 4th at Glasgow Barrowlands.

Don't know much about any of them but up here you can't be choosy (particularly when you work shifts!)

next year on 13th of january i will see Helloween + Gamma Ray + Axxis in Oberhausen Germany. I'm sure that it will be a great concert! :headbang:

Should be off to see Circa Survive, Fightstar, Madina Lake and Coheed & Cambria on February 4th at Glasgow Barrowlands.

Don't know much about any of them but up here you can't be choosy (particularly when you work shifts!)

I only know Coheed And Cambria and I'm loving them...

Mm...I didn't go to Bryan's Hope. I was tired and I heard it lasted longer than I thought. According to pops, the music was good, sort of a rock/prog mix with one country song. There were a total of five people, two of which ex-co-workers of the bassist, who left after an hour or so...they hated it. There were a few more people in the "foyer" at the bar who heard it but didn't see it. Maybe I should've gone to make it look a little busier? Not that it would've mattered -that- much.

Sadly it looks like my jaunt to holland for the two Threshold April gigs will be cancelled - it's just too expensive to a)get there and b)stay for the amount of time it needs to make the travel even vaguely sensible.

Kayak & Plackband in Zoetermeer in 2 days...
Asrai & Seventh Sin in 3 days...

Busy weekend. =)

Plackband was different from when I saw them before, but still a pleasant experience (they dropped their singer and let the keyboardist sing instead), and their opening was just funny. :lol:

Kayak needs no further introduction. ^^ It was grand, with Edward Reekers back behind the mic. A blend of old classics and newer songs. The stage lighting was rather bright, so it was great for photos, but gave more of a theatre atmosphere than a concert one, but I suppose that fits Kayak perfectly.

Seventh Sin was a new band, so they made a few mistakes, but they were good at warming the audience up (even though the reactions were mild all night). Their music is "standard" gothic with female singer and grunts, but luckily the girl had a good voice.

Asrai... they didn't exactly disappoint me, but I was expecting something a little more exciting. The music was quite simple (it sounds grander on the album). The guitarplayer barely had to do anything (and was stoned, it seemed), keys were supportive strings only, and the basslines were very simple (even I could do that). The rest of the music, including acoustic guitar, were sampled. They really leaned on their singer, who was the most energetic and does have a good and powerful voice. An okay night.

Symphony X on February 16th at De Boerderij in Zoetermeer (yep, same venue as Threshold in April) It's already sold out, so it will be packed. Intended to bring my camera with me, but when it's that crowded i might leave it at home.

Yeah, I read it was sold out. It's my next gig also, so see you there, I guess.
Do you know the support acts? I only know Circus Maximus is coming.

(Threshold comment) See you in Zoetermeer :kickass:

Same to you. :)