Which bands are you going to see live?

Yeah, I read it was sold out. It's my next gig also, so see you there, I guess.
Do you know the support acts? I only know Circus Maximus is coming.

The other supporting band is Dreamscape (Germany).

As much as i like both supporting bands, i prefer gigs without supporting band. Too often you get a band you don't like at all, most of the time the sound sucks really bad and the waiting between the sets is the most annoying part of all.

H.

The other supporting band is Dreamscape (Germany).

As much as i like both supporting bands, i prefer gigs without supporting band. Too often you get a band you don't like at all, most of the time the sound sucks really bad and the waiting between the sets is the most annoying part of all.

H.

Dreamscape is a great band and I agree with you regarding supporting bands in general and the waiting in between. However, I can't help thinking that support bands don't really sound bad. They are not usually given the same facilities as the headliner and many times given a bad mix on purpose so that the headliner comes across as superior.

I've got to say I love to see supporting bands - you never know what might pop up! It is also their only way to get seen by a big audience.

That said turnaround times need to be quicker, especially for bigger bands. 15 to 20 minutes is eager anticipation. 45 minutes is verging on boredom!!!!

Talking of support bands, Avenged Sevenfold now confirmed as support for Maiden at Twickenham. I still think a fourth act may be added. A little guest spot by Priest would be fantastic!

well as you have mentioned it,

Halford supporting Maiden (Glasgow)

Dirty Deeds supporting Maiden (Shepherds Bush Empire)

Threshold supporting Pendragon (Marquee 10,000 years ago). I misread my ticket and got there to hear Paradox close the set which was still better than the whole main act

Tesla supporting Def Leppard (even more years ago) (Hammersmith Odeon)

In my youth I was immersed in the whole rock and metal scene. Now I'm older, thriftier and live in a more remote area so support acts are a great way for me to hear new stuff. I would always prefer a live performance than a CD

Well, I live in Chile, so here's not much gigs as there are in Europe. But we have some very good bands to see until April.

On February 20th I'm going to See Nile (Yes I'm very into Death Metal besides Prog Metal)
At the end of Febrary Vader and Marduk play together here in Santiago as well (I saw them both before but I'm going anyway)
At the beginning of March, Dream Theater makes their second appearence here in Chile (the first one I missed it so this one I HAVE TO GO)

There also coming to Chile Ozzy, Sonata Arctica, Korn and other stuff I dont care..... but to the Chilean public there is a lot to choose.

PD: Did you know that on last saturday (here in Chile) the last ticket to Iron Maiden's tour to South America was Sold?????
Yes, Iron Maiden SOLD OUT their ENTIRE South America tour.... Chile; Argentina, Brazil (I think there are 4 venues over there)...... and some other countries..... The gigs starts 1 of March I think. It took only 52 days to sold out the total of shows.
The guys from the Maiden management made an official apology statement for not thinking about the craziness of the South American fasn and made a promiso to came bak in early 2009.

PD 2: I have a lot of friends crying (literally) for losing Maiden's gig....... and don't be surprise to hear from Suicides in Brazil of fans that couldnt get a ticket at proper time

Cheers and sorry for the English Im still learning

Vengeance on febr. 23 (and maybe on the 16th as well)
Threshold in Zoetermeer in april.
Arrow Rock Festival in Nijmegen on june 15 (with Kiss,Whitesnake,Def Leppard and more TBA)

I might be there as well, it's in walking distance from my place. Seen them many years ago in the same venue for the first and last time so it's nice to have them back in Het Kasteel.

H.

Okay,so maybe I'll see ya there.
I think I will wear my Threshold t-shirt or a Kiss t-shirt (yesterday I bought tickets for the Arrow Rock Festival) :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I am counting down the days to go to PPUK. Not as a member of the audience, but I have to work there. I will be the bandrep for Circus Maximus and Serenity. I hope the guys of Serenity want to share some Threshold gossip with me :lol:
When Evergrey is on I will definitely NOT be working!