Cannible Corpse
New Model Army
Lau and Maukin Causly
Alice Cooper
and
Rodrigo y Gabriella
oh and Threshold!
told you it was eclectic!

Yep, he was definitely there. He even joined in with the choir when they did "One Winged Angel" for the encore :)

Though in order to meet him, you had to pay $100 which I didn't do. I couldn't afford it and I wouldn't know what to say to him anyway other than "thanks for the great music".

Wow that's great, but yeah $100 is a bit too much.

I have seen Dream Theater yesterday. Supported by Unexpected, BigElf and Opeth! Really amazing evening, especially Dream Theater :D

How was uneXpect?

I'll see Depeche Mode on Thursday, I can't wait!!! :kickass: :) :D

Well, unexpect was very interesting... Not bad music, but a bit too confusing for me :loco:
BigElf was really great!

Toll! :) Ja uneXpect is a bit confusing at first, especially the IAFA songs; you really need to have heard the songs before the concert to actually follow them. If you're a Black-metal sort of guy you might want to start with Utopia, if you're more Prog.Avant-garde start with IAFA.

Saw a lot of good things at progpower europe this year

AKPHAEZYA (france)
ANDROMEDA (sweden)
CHAOS DIVINE (austalia)
CIRRHA NIVA (the netherlands)
CLOUDSCAPE (sweden)
ENOCHIAN THEORY (uk)
EVERGREY (sweden)
HACRIDE (france)
KNIGHT AREA (the netherlands)
MERCENARY (denkmark)
NAHEMAH (spain)
NEVERLAND (turkey/greece)
PROSPECT (slovenia)
SEVENTH WONDER (sweden)
VANITY (poland)

Saw a lot of good things at progpower europe this year

AKPHAEZYA (france)
ANDROMEDA (sweden)
CHAOS DIVINE (austalia)
CLOUDSCAPE (sweden)
ENOCHIAN THEORY (uk)
EVERGREY (sweden)
HACRIDE (france)
KNIGHT AREA (the netherlands)
MERCENARY (denkmark)
NAHEMAH (spain)
NEVERLAND (turkey/greece)
PROSPECT (slovenia)
SEVENTH WONDER (sweden)
VANITY (poland)

+1 (Though Cirrha Niva only played once, not twice :p )

Just got home and it was amazing! Definitely THE best festival in the world, largely because of the regular crew of people attending and making the festival into an unforgettable experience.

Hope Gotthard were good. I was supposed to see them tonight, but eventually bought a much more expensive ticket for Porcupine Tree instead...

The setlist featured too many songs from the two latest album - and I haven't heard both - but they played great as usual. The band hailed the Swiss Guards (of course in casual clothes) among the crowd, and there were a lot of Swiss people, indeed!

I'll see Doro Pesch next friday - not a big fan actually, but my wife definitely is!

A couple of things now fill the horizon, 2 music, 2 not

Friday 30th Oct - Eddie Izzard (comedian) at Newcastle
7th November Some band called Threshold, Zoetermeer
Feb 14th - Italy England rugby, Rome
March 16th - Frank Turner, Edinburgh

Given the distance we are coming we have gone for best in the house. So they aren't cheap (99 euros each!!!!!). It seems best in house in Italy are very expensive, particularly with such a poor exchange rate for island dwellers. The down side of being able to get hold of the box set the next day!

There are all sorts of tickets available and certainly chaper than that, around 50, 60 euros I think

Best bet is to go to the Italian Rugby website www.federugby.it/ and hit the link for the 6 nations tickets. They use one of the regular agencies. I have heard that if you go to the agency directly then some of the handling fees get dropped but I don't know for sure

This game will probably sell out quickly - England are a big draw anywhere in the world - but Italy also play Scotland later in February (27th). I do actually know someone trying to sell two tickets to the Italy Scotland match if anyone wants their email - the seller is in Italy. They are the more expensive variety

7th November Some band called Threshold, Zoetermeer

Sounds familiar. Weren't they the ones with that chart-topping smash hit singles box out recently? =/ Mm, guess I might as well go and see what all the fuss is about. :p