Which cd did you just buy?

Whew finally took out my cds :) :cry: . So Yesterday I bought:

Borknagar: Quintessence

Yay my first Borknagar of more to come!

:headbang:

Blind Guardian: Tokyo Monogatari (Tales)

Only two more to go and me BG collection is complete!!! :) :cry:

Also, Mrs.Gigi gave me her...

The Gathering: Mandylion

She didn't like it, so she gave it to me hehe. I don't like TG that much, but I'll listen to this one and maybe like it hehe.

----

The funny story is that yesterday i was supossed to go to Fear Factory's konzert, but as soon as I got there and saw all those f^&*^& nu-metal heads, I felt sooooo f^&*^*& disgusted ( :puke: ) that I sold my entrance :rolleyes: :lol: .

Anyway, 'tis was a good investement, because with that money I took out my BG and Borknagar cds.

Aaaaand I had also had saved some money (like $20), and my mother gave me like $16 for FF's konzert, so it was natural to invest it all in the other precious thing I'm going to buy soon,

Taake:THE Box.

Contains 3 Picture LPs & 1 exclusive Shirt!!! Limited to 888 pieces!!!

Ahhh I can't wait to take this one out... .

Nightrage - Descent into Chaos

Unearth - III in the eyes of fire (Their best album yet... although it lacks solos... doesn't lack riffs though. And when I say riffs, I mean RRIFFFFSSS :headbang:!!)

Entombed - Clandestine (why I don't already own this album is beyond me. That album has one of the coolest guitar sounds I've ever heard. So god damn dense.)

Paradise Lost - Draconian Times (reminds me of all the rock clubs around here... It's just filled with songs that I'm sure are featured consistently at these rock and metal club nights... Immense album.)

^ Where can you get cds so cheaply? Is that the usual price for cds in Europe? I would have guessed they'd be like around €15... .

Also, do you usually find rare stuff in pawn shops? I want to buy DT's first releases..., could someone tell me where there are some pawn shops in Goteborg? Or Sweden hehe.

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
^ Where can you get cds so cheaply? Is that the usual price for cds in Europe? I would have guessed they'd be like around €15... .

Also, do you usually find rare stuff in pawn shops? I want to buy DT's first releases..., could someone tell me where there are some pawn shops in Goteborg? Or Sweden hehe.

Cds usually are around 16 euros. It may vary from 16 to 18.
Cds cost like 8 euros only when they are on promotion, and sometimes when they are old. Just go to "Mediamarkt" or "Saturn", they have interesting promotions sometimes (but dont buy anything else as cds there, they have a bad customer service when you have problems with something you bought there :heh: )

The only place I can find rare cds is on internet. There is also much more choices on the internet than in cd stores.

King Chaos said:
Nightrage - Descent into Chaos

Paradise Lost - Draconian Times (
the nightrage is great, cool modern melodic deathmetal, but the new singer isnt such cool as tomas(live, the new album is coming next year)
draconian times has one of the best cover arts ever(and was the last good PL album:mad: )

Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood said:
Also, Mrs.Gigi gave me her...

The Gathering: Mandylion

She didn't like it, so she gave it to me hehe. I don't like TG that much, but I'll listen to this one and maybe like it hehe.

----

Tsssssss The Gathering's Mandylion is one of their best release! It's soooooooo gooooood if you don't like it, send it to me ;)

I am fucking pissed beyond "pissed".

I live in fucking Philadelphia, and there's not a single store around which carries anything decent/recent in terms of music-related DVDs. I mean - something is totally fucking wrong with this place - they don't even have imported titles!

Once and for all - fuck that shit, I'm buying from Amazon from now on.

I was looking for Bruce Dickinson Antology and Raising Hell yesterday. Guess what...

Well, to Kat and Marduk, I'm sorry to dissapoint ye, but I don't play to give away the masterpiece that " Mandylion " is.

I just LOVE IT!!!

No really, I have spent all this week listening to it. TG just entered my Top 10. :headbang:

Oh and as you probably have noticed, the stuff th goes under my UM has changed to "Strange Machines".

I always put my fave song of the moment there, and guess which one it is now? Hehe :) .

:headbang: :kickass: :worship: The Gathering

PS: And I just rembered I have all the discography on Mp3... I'll have to listen to it again, because the songs that I heard I didn't like. Maybe I listened to the wrong albums, because if I'm not mistaken TG has changed a lot in style hehe. I'll give it another try for sure :headbang: .

The first two albums from TG are with male vocals, Anneke has only a guest appearance there, I think. Mandylion is the first with her doing lead vocals, and as Kat said above, its one of their best albums. I dont think you can really go wrong with any of their releases (havent heard the current one though, and some say its pretty boring). My favourite album is How to Measure a Planet? - a daring step in their career, this progressive double CD, but really successful imo. Im glad you like Mandylion, even though it means Ill have to buy it myself.

marduk1507 said:
The first two albums from TG are with male vocals, Anneke has only a guest appearance there, I think. Mandylion is the first with her doing lead vocals, and as Kat said above, its one of their best albums. I dont think you can really go wrong with any of their releases (havent heard the current one though, and some say its pretty boring). My favourite album is How to Measure a Planet? - a daring step in their career, this progressive double CD, but really successful imo. Im glad you like Mandylion, even though it means Ill have to buy it myself.

I really like Nighttime Birds and Sleepy Buildings, a live acoustic album ! Anneke's awesome and the melodies are so emotional.. I can't explain :D

KitKat said:
I really like Nighttime Birds and Sleepy Buildings, a live acoustic album ! Anneke's awesome and the melodies are so emotional.. I can't explain :D

You dont have to, I know exactly what you mean. Just listen to Shrink and there you go.

marduk1507 said:
You dont have to, I know exactly what you mean. Just listen to Shrink and there you go.

Shrink... wow.... that is the perfect emotional ballad song EVER... Sarah McLachlan with "Angels" and Amy Lee with "My Immortal" is nothing compared to Shrink...