Which cd did you just buy?

VultureCulture said:
herrrrre comes se sun *tüdeldü*
it is se brrrrrightest star of sem all *tüdeldü*
herrrrre comes se sun *düdel*
*ROTFL*

I bought recently:

oomph! - Wahrheit oder Pflicht (the digipak)
Rautakello: Muisto (a single, not CD)
The Wake: Ode To Misery
Värttinä: Iki
Throes Of Dawn: Binding Of The Spirit
Horna: Hiidentorni/Kohti Yhdeksän Nousua
Chaosbreed: Unleashed Carnage
The Black League: Man´s Ruin Revisited

VultureCulture said:
it is se brrrrrightest star of sem all *tüdeldü*
herrrrre comes se sun *düdel*

:lol:
You ass... :p

@fireangel: I've seen translations online. Just run a search and you should find a few sites that have them. I'm not always sure of what they're saying. I have a general idea usually, but for some reason they're music inspires me quite a bit. The reason isn't obvious though. My favorite song is Der Alter Mann. I'm not actually really sure what it's about, but in cases like that I make up a meaning, and the music fits it perfectly. It sounds stupid, but I do that with many bands that I listen to.

I got my The Black League - Man's Ruin Revisited on wednesday, it's
pretty frigging good, more like Ichor and not so much Utopia style, which
is good since Utopia wasn't that awesome (still beats most other albums
by a mile tho, I am only comparing to other TBL releases, cos lets face it,
it wouldn't be fair to compare them to other bands they are so much above
all... well, maybe not DT, pretty even with DT ;) )

Tebus said:
@fireangel: I've seen translations online. Just run a search and you should find a few sites that have them. I'm not always sure of what they're saying. I have a general idea usually, but for some reason they're music inspires me quite a bit. The reason isn't obvious though. My favorite song is Der Alter Mann. I'm not actually really sure what it's about, but in cases like that I make up a meaning, and the music fits it perfectly. It sounds stupid, but I do that with many bands that I listen to.
Well, I don´t need so really a translation because I speak german ;) I just asked because I wanted to know if you understand what you praise. Of course people can say that I don´t understand finnish or swedish lyrics either, but I think it´s obvious that Rammstein is a bit of a "special" band.

For them it is also not only the lyrics, but additionally their visual concept which causes me headache. When people think that what Rammstein represent is "typical" german, you know, the dialect when singing english, the way they dress and their images, altogether. And I know of persons who think so. Aswell I am still sick when I think that for a video of "Stripped" (an awful Depeche Mode-Coverversion) they used parts of Leni Riefenstahl´s videos. She contributed enourmously to nazi-propaganda by capturing a very certain image of "healthy german people" or mass-events which could easily influence people; especialy back then when visual media weren´t so ubiquitous.
Of course RS said that "oh, we just wanted to provoke", no deeper background but I simply refuse it when they intentionally don´t want to consider questionable things (assumed they really mean it when they say it was not their main point, being political...) Or just take the video to "Hier kommt die Sonne".... It´s so obvious that they focus on a certain kind of hero-image which is just problematic for our country.

Salamurhaaja said:
T Jarva rules, ok? :)
:wave:

Pretty much, yes. Have you read when I wrote in the other thread that their gig just smashed me and I was completely fallen for that band, music and atmosphere? ;D
But I don´t have the previous albums yet, though I plan to buy them.

Maybe I can go see Chaosbreed, they will make a proper release through CM soon, and I expect tours.

@fireangel: i agree on what you say about rammstein in general (i think the music is ok, the lyrics are quite dull imo), but i find the video for "sonne" absolutely hilarious. and of course i side with the dwarves, not with any hero. ;)

rahvin said:
and of course i side with the dwarves, not with any hero. ;)
If you would stop announcing yourself as this all the time. From my point of view (literally) you are not. I kind of enjoy when I don´t have to look straight up in the air for conversation. :cool:

More Tiamat for the board. ;)

I just bought Tiamat's "A Deeper Kind Of Slumber" and "The Astral Sleep", in a much better price than usual.

I have to say, I really like listening to Rammstein. I'm not sure I really see that whole hero thing going on, although I guess it is there. I do in fact know most of the lyrics (translations, I don't speak German), and yeah, some of them (read=most) are pretty fecked up, but I don't mind too much.

~Kov.

fireangel said:
If you would stop announcing yourself as this all the time. From my point of view (literally) you are not. I kind of enjoy when I don´t have to look straight up in the air for conversation. :cool:
dwarvenism is a state of mind. :cool: don't make me renounce my ethnic background. :p

rahvin said:
dwarvenism is a state of mind. :cool: don't make me renounce my ethnic background. :p

*LOL* I knew the reason would lie deeper. Well. We can add it to the long list of topics to discuss (which will happen without that I have to stare in the sky all the time... ) :)

i live around midgets as well. everyone around here seems to be at least 10cm smaller than me, and i'm not exactly a giant. in fact, among the people at home i am the smallest... maybe it's the french nuclear power plants around here.

rahvin: I am interested.

What I forgot to say this morning: Hello to siren! I missed your posting. And to both you and Northern Lights: Tiamat is teh great :)

Hello fireangel :)
Tiamat indeed rocks, i'm currently on a hunt to get as many more cds of theirs as possible. But i'm a bit puzzled as to which albums are still available on the original issue, and which ones i can only get as reissues now, any help?