Which country makes the best Metal?

i love all these faggots who bomb on the US just because they live in garbage infested countries that have one or two good bands as oppossed to the US's incredible music scene of hundreds of awesome metal bands, i just hope all those faggots burn in hell

Extreme Deformity said:
This dude above . ^^^ He's not biased at all. Oh wait...

Well, look who's talking. There are a few good bands from the US and Canada (with over 300 million inhabitants together), I admit, but there are more great bands coming out of Stockholm city alone (1,5 million inhabitants) than the US and Canada as a whole, IMVHO. Then again, I fucking hate hardcore, nu-metal, American death metal, and above all American black metal which is truly laughable.

Dreamlord said:
But you like third-tier At the Gates clones?

No, I like the original At the Gates though, but the genre as a whole isn't exactly my favorite. Before you ask, let me give you the names of a handful of great (IMO) Swedish bands:

Katatonia
Opeth
Bathory
Nocturnal Rites
Otyg
Diabolical Masquerade
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquillity
Sorhin
Arckanum
Candlemass
Svartsyn
Dissection
Thyrfing
Thy Primordial
The Crown
Therion
Hypocrisy
Lord Belial
Lost Horizon

No doubt, there are some good ones in that list.

I guess my biggest beef with Swedish metal these days is that very few are creating their own paths within metal. Many bands are content to stay within the confines of the melo-death scene, which has not aged well at all except for a few bands.

Brazil makes excellent Metal, you've just not heard of any other than Sepultura, I advise you to check some of these Brazilian bands:

DEATH METAL
In Hell
Infector
Sacrifice
Deformity
Embalmed Souls
Kemoth
Korzus
Eminence

THRASH METAL
Sepultura
Andralls
Dragster
Panzer

BLACK METAL
Sarcofago
Empire Of Souls
Funeral Christie
Mysteris
Kabarah

OTHER METAL
Soulfly
Braveheart

If i've missed any out please tell me.

David Å. said:
No, I like the original At the Gates though, but the genre as a whole isn't exactly my favorite. Before you ask, let me give you the names of a handful of great (IMO) Swedish bands:

Katatonia
Opeth
Bathory
Nocturnal Rites
Otyg
Diabolical Masquerade
Amon Amarth
Dark Tranquillity
Sorhin
Arckanum
Candlemass
Svartsyn
Dissection
Thyrfing
Thy Primordial
The Crown
Therion
Hypocrisy
Lord Belial
Lost Horizon

I personally like very few of those bands...

and what are the few good bands from Canada and the US you speak of?

Why is "American Black Metal" so laughable? Can you even name many US Black Metal bands? Or Canadian ones for that matter?

Profanity, yes, Brazil is a great country for metal.

Extreme Deformity said:
I personally like very few of those bands...

That's OK. You don't have to like Swedish metal, just as long as you allow me to dislike American music.

Extreme Deformity said:
..and what are the few good bands from Canada and the US you speak of?

Well, how about Virgin Steele, Kamelot, Iced Earth? Don't you want me to list all the American bands that I dislike as well? Else it doesn't make me look credible. Because I've heard a lot of American metal in my days.

Why is "American Black Metal" so laughable? Can you even name many US Black Metal bands? Or Canadian ones for that matter?

I don't know why you can't make good black metal in North America. Lack of real cultural background perhaps? Fucked up school system? It just sounds tired, bland, uninspired and Mc Donald's-ish to me. Some crappy USBM bands are: Averse Sefira, Winds of the Black Mountains, Kult ov Azazel, Judas Iscariot, Frozen Shadows, Hemlock, Absu, Night Conquers Day, Buried Beneath, Lycanthropy etc. In fact, I can't say one USBM band that I actually enjoy even a little. Sorry.

The shitty power metal bands, I should've known..haha. I'm not going to ask for the US bands you don't like.. haha... My list is probably longer than yours. There ARE a lot of shitty bands from Canada and USA.

Extreme Deformity said:
The shitty power metal bands, I should've known..haha. I'm not going to ask for the US bands you don't like.. haha... My list is probably longer than yours. There ARE a lot of shitty bands from Canada and USA.

You get me wrong. I listen to a shitload of different stuff, some quality power metal acts included. It was just a coincidence that the only bands I like from the US happen to play melodic metal. Or is it? It is my firm standpoint you there, at the other side of the pond, aren't very good at making extreme music.

Since I know you are very interested, have a look at my CD-collection at: http://www.cd-tracker.com/~davidahs

Absolute favorite bands include:

Summoning
Graveland
Nokturnal Mortum
Limbonic Art
Arckanum
Bathory

THE 5 BEST COUNTRIES FOR METAL:
1) UK
2) Brazil
3) Sweden
4) Germany
5) USA

THE 5 BEST COUNTRIES FOR DEATH METAL:
1) Germany
2) Sweden
3) UK
4) Brazil
5) Poland

THE 5 BEST COUNTRIES FOR THRASH METAL:
1) Germany
2) Brazil
3) Sweden
4) USA
5) UK

THE 5 BEST COUNTRIES FOR DOOM METAL:
1) Sweden
2) UK
3) USA
4) Germany
5) Brazil

THE 5 BEST COUNTRIES FOR BLACK METAL:
1) Norway
2) Poland
3) Sweden
4) Brazil
5) UK

"Extreme Music" is the specialty on this side of the pond... you just don't really seem to be into really brutal metal. Which is probably why you don't really like American Metal. Now where's that guy from Insision that posts on this board? He can come back me up here... heh.

Our Cd collections are very different. Even though you have a shitload of CDs, we have few of the same albums...haha.

-----
Shut the hell up Profanity... you keep changing your god damn mind, and also keep posting the same shit over and over.

Profanity, you are just messing with us, right? You have to be, else I don't understand all the bullshit in your posts.

Extreme Deformity: I couldn't agree more. Impaniiz (from the SWEDISH death metal band Insision) should come here and give David A a lesson in death metal. No offence meant David, but you really need to expand your horizon before you write about certain types of music. To say extreme metal is the speciality of this (i. e. European) side of the pond is sheer ignorance. I am in Sweden now and I can tell you one thing, even my own crappy country's (Slovakia) death metal scene has better bands than Sweden. What seems to be popular here is the melodic stuff that is so boring once you have discovered the outer bountaries. I can recommend you bands like Cryptopsy, Devourtment, Disgorge (Californian), Pyrexia, Suffocation, Brodequin, Prophecy, Deeds Of Flesh, Hate Eternal, Sect Of Execration, Malignancy, Virulence, Immolation, Enmity and many, many other, you will understand what I mean. Some of them posess skill that makes Swedish bands look like rookies. Listen to Devourment, if the openings riffs of Babykiller don't rip your ass open, you will forever remain within your old boundaries and there is no cure for you. :) And if you truly detest America for some strange reason, there is some excellent stuff in Europe too, for example Soils Of Fate (Sweden) or Disavowed (Holland).

As for the bands in your list, I don't listen to most of them. I do like, however, Limbonic Art, Arckanum and bands similar to that.

Extreme Deformity said:
"Extreme Music" is the specialty on this side of the pond... you just don't really seem to be into really brutal metal. Which is probably why you don't really like American Metal. Now where's that guy from Insision that posts on this board? He can come back me up here... heh.

Our Cd collections are very different. Even though you have a shitload of CDs, we have few of the same albums...haha.

-----
Shut the hell up Profanity... you keep changing your god damn mind, and also keep posting the same shit over and over.

If by "brutal" you mean bands like Nile, Cryptopsy, Cannibal Corpse, Maggot Infested Cunt, and what have you, then no, it does not appeal to me the slightest. But at least I´ve given them all a shot. I am usually not biased against music until I´ve heard it. Simple as that.

My obsession for the past 3-4 years have actually been (heathen) folk metal - a genre which is more or less lead by Scandinavian and East-European bands. I count 0 (zero) folk metal bands from the US/Canada. So, it's just a matter of taste in the end and America ranks as a piss-poor metal-nation (well, rather melting-pot) in my book.

Naggamanteh said:
Profanity, you are just messing with us, right? You have to be, else I don't understand all the bullshit in your posts.

Extreme Deformity: I couldn't agree more. Impaniiz (from the SWEDISH death metal band Insision) should come here and give David A a lesson in death metal. No offence meant David, but you really need to expand your horizon before you write about certain types of music.
I simply expressed my opinion. I´m no newbie when it comes to "extreme" metal, let me assure you, but I never liked brutal/grind death metal that everyone here seems to love so dearly.
To say extreme metal is the speciality of this (i. e. European) side of the pond is sheer ignorance.
I don't particularly like "extreme" music, I like good music. I mean, is it like a fucking competition making the "extremest" metal or what? That can't be hard. I don't evern remember what I wrote earlier, but I mean "extreme" as opposed to other forms of metal (progressive, melodic, heavy whatever).
I am in Sweden now and I can tell you one thing, even my own crappy country's (Slovakia) death metal scene has better bands than Sweden. What seems to be popular here is the melodic stuff that is so boring once you have discovered the outer bountaries. I can recommend you bands like Cryptopsy, Devourtment, Disgorge (Californian), Pyrexia, Suffocation, Brodequin, Prophecy, Deeds Of Flesh, Hate Eternal, Sect Of Execration, Malignancy, Virulence, Immolation, Enmity and many, many other, you will understand what I mean.
As I stated, I don't enjoy this brand of metal. I´ve already heard about 6 or 7 of the bands you name, and I didn't like any of them.
Some of them posess skill that makes Swedish bands look like rookies. Listen to Devourment, if the openings riffs of Babykiller don't rip your ass open, you will forever remain within your old boundaries and there is no cure for you. :)
Mmm, I think I´ll pass. "Skill" is the one thing in music that I don't give a fuck about. If I did, I´d be listening to jazz or something.
And if you truly detest America for some strange reason, there is some excellent stuff in Europe too, for example Soils Of Fate (Sweden) or Disavowed (Holland).
I heard Soils of Fate and I didn't like 'em. Holland hasn't produced one single band that I enjoy, except for maybe Ancient Rites, and they are just so-so in my book. EDIT: They're from Belgium. Sorry Holland.
As for the bands in your list, I don't listen to most of them. I do like, however, Limbonic Art, Arckanum and bands similar to that.
You see, I could go on and on giving you tips on great underground heathen black metal bands from the farthest reaches of Siberia, but I won't.

"I say the US, simply because most of today's original sounding music comes from the US. While most of Europe is busy coming out with the latest melo-death clone or gay-ass power metal band, the US is busy churning out original band after original band."
-Dreamlord

Wrongly said Bedlord. Name one original band coming from Bushville. USA has its style of death metal (which I find particularly sucky. But that might just be me) and most bands sound pretty much the same. Ofcourse many bands try to sound like others but just like at the new things coming from Europe: In Flames (nothing sounds like them), Opeth (Nothing even comes close to sounding like them) Children of Bodom (other bands from Finland have started sounding like them) newer Dark Tranquillity, Melo-Trash like The Haunted, At The Gates.

Sweden dominates the metal universe. No doubt about it. No other country comes close to have so many good bands.

Person without US on his top 10: BRAVO!!!:tickled: