Which European country should I move to, to form serious band?

Alex-I.T.F

Jan 26, 2011
Love the website!!
Hi guys I'm new here so here's a bit about me.

Alex here. I was the funding member of Suffer (Sydney Aus) in 1992 aged 15 at the time. Guitarist Vocalist/Composer (I had a set of about 10 original songs). There was a demo recorded which I even myself don't own a copy of but I will hunt down from the other guys and stick on-line soon.
I will also work on posting some newer material but for now all I have on-line is this pretty poor old 1994 live footage of my first band.

My vocal style being very Van Duren- Mamelli style and my newer and old school Death Metal material is mainly tight and catchy Florida Death cross Sweden Death based.

I have decided to put my career on hold and recently divorced and said "F##k it All "
Metal is my life and this is all I want to do... I don't see any future with Metal in Australia and that's a proven fact.

I am positive that my first band would have done well in Europe or even USA especially since we peaked during the Death Metal prime period. (The metal scene here has always been piss poor and a few other good bands have been flushed down the toilet with it and after 10 years its even worse)

I'm not going to give up yet because I still have hope in my Metal the European Metal audiences.

So I want to pick a country where;

#1 pro level Extreme Metal musicians are reasonably easy to find and
#2 somewhere where its possible to live and get a small job (enough for apartment rent etc).

Especially since I have heard Europe has been pretty tough to Immigrate to due to the economic crisis I do want to pick a place where it wont take me too long to find a job (Bar work, Security or anything even factory work etc.

Any help will be dearly appreciated!!!! :headbang: Forever!!!

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Luxembourg or Lichtenstein. Nobody ever hears about them so everything must be fine there.

The Australian scene is pretty good. I don't understand why you'd leave.

As for alternatives, there's Montreal, I guess. Easy access to East Coast touring. Helps quite a bit if you want to get exposure.

Might work. Might not. Good scene, good bands. You will need to pick up French and getting work might be an issue. Do you have any qualifications?

I was about to say, there's a brilliant prog AND metal scene going on in Australia. Much better than where I live. Stay there man!

Thanks, how hard is it to find work there for an English speaker only???
Not very hard I think. Swede's are generally good at english, so I think you would integrate in the climate here pretty easily. Try getting a working visa, come here for a year or so and try your luck!