Votes: 17 33.3%
  • They're equal

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters

Nightwish

New Metal Member
Mar 2, 2003
www.emeraldcrown.co.uk
Personally, I can't decide. I mean, for every great album one has, the other has one equally great! (Like Master of Puppets/Countdown to Extinction) And for every underrated album, the other has one just like it. (Like Load/Risk) So what do all of you think?

I think that there's no album in the Megadeth disco which can beat Master Of Puppets. And overall I think that Metallica were slightly better than Megadeth in the 80s. But on the other hand Megadeth had the better albums in the 90s and never let me down so much like Metallica did with their Load and Reload stuff. So I think they're equal.

Megadeth? Fuck them. Reload is better than any of the crap they've done.

Dave ought to pull the baby out of his ass, then I might begin to like the vocals, at least.

Nightwish said:
Personally, I can't decide. I mean, for every great album one has, the other has one equally great! (Like Master of Puppets/Countdown to Extinction) And for every underrated album, the other has one just like it. (Like Load/Risk) So what do all of you think?

You're right in the sense that both were instrumental in the Thrash Metal scene & both are "dead" one just doesn't know it yet. I still love listening to their old stuff it brings back great memories....:p

btw, talking about new stuff and old stuff, have you guys checked out their new sample?? 23sec of a new song......If you guys go to Metallica.com you will be able to download it..............
IMO, by the short piece I've heard the song doesn't seen that bad to me......Let's see what happens

Mad Dog said:
I think that there's no album in the Megadeth disco which can beat Master Of Puppets. And overall I think that Metallica were a slightly better than Megadeth in the 80s. But on the other hand Megadeth had the better albums in the 90s and never let me down so much like Metallica did with their Load and Reload stuff. So I think they're equal.

I agree with you for the most part. Master of Puppets IS a metal master piece... it's hard to beat Orion, or the song Master of Puppets, for that matter, but I absolutely LOVE Countdown to Extinction too. I love Sweating Bullets and This Was My Life. These two CDs are ALWAYS in my CD player. I just can't decide which I like better. Like I said in the original post, for every great album one put out, the other put out one equally good, imho.

I liked Metallica more at first. However, Dave's vocals are an acquired taste, and once they grow on you, you'll like Megadeth more.

However, Slayer butchers them both.

INDEED!!!!!!!!

Megadeth: Never Stabbed me in the Back
Metallica: DID
Megadeth:RUST in Peace
Metallica:Master Of Puppets

Megadeth Are Better Not because Of the Music But because they never Turned there Backs on US

....that and they never wrote a peice of tripe like untill it sleeps......

Though in Metallicas Defense MASTER OF PUPPETS IS THE FINEST ALBUM EVER WRITTEN and CLIFF BURTON IS GOD

i was always a bigger megadeth fan back in the day...but liked metallica too.

i have to disagree about megadeth changing..i saw them open for motley crue a couple of years ago and they were lame... i did not buy anything after Countdown....

JonnyD said:
Megadeth: Never Stabbed me in the Back
Metallica: DID
Megadeth:RUST in Peace
Metallica:Master Of Puppets
Megadeth Are Better Not because Of the Music But because they never Turned there Backs on US
....that and they never wrote a peice of tripe like untill it sleeps......

That's just stupid. We're discussing the music, for fuck's sake. If you prefer Metallica's music, you should vote for them. The whole 'Metallica sold out, now I must hate them, whine whine whine' thing is getting really fucking annoying.

And Until It Sleeps isn't that bad, although it's nothing compared to early Metallica.

Guardian of Darkness said:
That's just stupid. We're discussing the music, for fuck's sake. If you prefer Metallica's music, you should vote for them. The whole 'Metallica sold out, now I must hate them, whine whine whine' thing is getting really fucking annoying.

And Until It Sleeps isn't that bad, although it's nothing compared to early Metallica.

We are all entitled to our own opinions Right? Well that is mine
Dont like it To fukin bad dude

Untill it sleeps is horrible garbage

Guardian of Darkness said:
Yes. And I'm entitled to be disgusted with it.

I think it's silly to hold a grudge against a band, just because they followed a path which doesn't suit you.

I agree.