Which is Better, Megadeth or Metallica?

• Megadeth

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Metallica

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • They're equal

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
I have to say Megadeth. Although the decision is somewhat based on personal opinion, I have to say Megadeth has always been better musically. Megadeth's list of musicians is pretty impressive. Metallica's one advantage was Cliff over Ellefson, but the rest goes to Megadeth!

Ok listen up.
Metallica was good up til ...And Justice For All. After that everything just blows. I try to forget the fact that they sold out to MTV and completley switched to alternative pussy rock but i cant.

On the other hand...Metallica's superior...Megadeth. What can I say?
If your talking music, Metallica cant even hold a candle to Megadeth. Megadeth always remained fast, heavy, and shreded guitar solos left and right. Marty Friedman can play circles around Kirk Hammet. Even Dave can play better than Kirk.

Anyone who has heard the Rust In Peace album will know that Megadeth is just musically alot better than Metallica. Faster, Heavier, more talented...and most of all they NEVER sold out.

BTW, whats this crap i heard about metallica doing a song with Ja Rule??????

Well, for me to decide, I'm gonna have to face them off album by album:

-Megadeth-Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good! vs. Metallica-Kill 'Em All
Winner: Metallica

-Megadeth-Peace Sells..But Who's Buying? vs. Metallica-Ride The Lightning
Winner: Megadeth

-Megadeth-So Far, So Good, So What? vs. Metallica-Master Of Puppets
Winner:Metallica

-Megadeth-Rust In Peace vs. Metallica-...And Justice For All

-Megadeth-Countdown To Extinction vs. Metallica- Black Album

-Megadeth-Youthanaisa vs. Metallica-Load

-Megadeth-Cryptic Writings vs. Metallica-Reload
Winner: Metallica...but not by much

-Megadeth-Risk vs. Metallica-Garage Inc.
Winner: Metallica

-Megadeth-The World Needs A Hero vs. Metallica-S & M

Overall Winner: Megadeth

Don't get me wrong, Ride The Lightning is great, but Peace Sells just clicked with me more than Ride The Lightning did. Both awesome, but in my opinion, Peace Sells wins by a nose.

Megadeth have always been better than Metallica in my opinion. Metallica had some great albums, but for each album they put out, Megadeth put one out that was better. I don't care for the new material by either band, but Megadeth is more tolerable these days than Metallica.

Metallica's first three albums all blew away Megadeth's first three albums, but after that things started to change.

Metallica's old stuff is godly, Megadeth's old stuff is pretty damn good as well.

Both of their new stuff is good but not great, but Megadeth's newer stuff is better, therefore, I say they are equal.

I really, REALLY do not see why Megadeth are rated so highly.....

Sure, Rust in Peace was a good album, I can appreciate that....but the rest just never clicked with me at all.

megadeth all the way was never much of a mettalica fan to be honest i think megadeth had better musicianship which gave their writing more depth and dynamics because they used their musicianship in context of songwriting where as mettalica kirk is not a good guitar imho. albums like peace sells, rust in peace are great.

Guardian of Darkness said:
I really, REALLY do not see why Megadeth are rated so highly.....

Sure, Rust in Peace was a good album, I can appreciate that....but the rest just never clicked with me at all.

I don't see why they're rated so high either, I loved Rust in Peace as well but... Like you said, the rest never clicked with me either. It was all about Metallica way back when...