Which year did you start listening to Peth?

Which year did you start listening to Opeth?

• Pre-1994

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.9%

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 5 2.2%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 16 7.0%

Votes: 13 5.7%

Votes: 26 11.4%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 22 9.6%

Votes: 21 9.2%

Votes: 38 16.7%

Votes: 23 10.1%

Votes: 20 8.8%

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
In late 1995(almost 96), when it was available from their label at the time, Century Media. Orchid was the first I got of course, and Morningrise a month later. Right away I liked them. But as usual with Opeth....a few weeks later, I was hooked, and the band knocked just about all my top ten favorite bands out of the way. MAYH my favorite.

1892. Mirror mirror on the wall does that make me the truest of them all?

In 02 cuz Some kid played Harvest in guitar class, and I it was pretty cool, but needed more cowbell. Even still I ended up getting the cd a few weeks later. I heard good things for years, but never really took the time to really check them out. Still needs moar cowbell though.

doesn't everything need more cowbell, though? ROFL :loco:

Around 2005, was on a trip to germany and there was a dude with an IPOD, and it rolled on.
funny.

First song - Wreath 0: Weird first song.

I got Blackwater Park last summer for my birthday..omg the minute I heard The Leper Affinity :p
Since then I own all the records bar Morningrise and know them all inside out :)
That's where my obsession began :D
:headbang: Opeth for life :lol:

In the year twoooo thousaaaaand!!! :heh:

Just kidding. It was back in 2002 when I got my first MP3 files and was almost blown away. From year 2003 kind of a fanboy. :worship:

In late 1995(almost 96), when it was available from their label at the time, Century Media. Orchid was the first I got of course, and Morningrise a month later. Right away I liked them. But as usual with Opeth....a few weeks later, I was hooked, and the band knocked just about all my top ten favorite bands out of the way. MAYH my favorite.

Cool. How did you react when MAYH first came out? I remember being disappointed about the change in style and stopped listening for a while, but came back to it again later and got hooked on the new style as well.

2001 for me, friend in high school introduced them to me
Same with me except I think it was mid to late 2004. My friend who is a few years older than me was talking about Opeth and Demon of the Fall. I went home listened to it and the rest of the My Arms Your Hearse album, and fell in love with it straight away. It's still my favourite album now.

First heard them in late 99, started significantly listening to to bid you farewell, credence, benighted and face of melinda and once I was used to the death vocals, listened to everything in about 01.

My friend got into Ghost Reveries and turned me to Opeth, but the first album I got myself was Damnation. I bought BWP a couple of weeks after and got every other Opeth album for christmas that year. Was fucking awesome.