Who are you going to vote for?

Vote who for you will?

• Total voters
@Zeph: I don't believe we can just be passive, regardless. Also we have a big defense budget because planes flew into a huge building killing a lot of fucking people and we don't want it to happen again. I don't think this is really a bad idea, but I agree that education could use help.

Zeph, I don't think you can reasonably argue that defense is not important. Obviously defense receives an embarassingly excessive amount of the funding and should receive a fraction of what it now does, but to say that defense is not important for the most influential (and one of the most hated) nations in the world is absurd.

@Zeph: I don't believe we can just be passive, regardless. Also we have a big defense budget because planes flew into a huge building killing a lot of fucking people and we don't want it to happen again. I don't think this is really a bad idea, but I agree that education could use help.

Where did I say that the defense program should be eradicated? I'm simply arguing that the defense budget should be, as you say, significantly reduced.

And it's because this country is full of ignorant, arrogant, uneducated fucks that the terrorist attacks happened. Most of the people in the Middle East have only experienced who we are through our military, which is not at all a positive image.

Where did I say that the defense program should be eradicated? I'm simply arguing that the defense budget should be, as you say, significantly reduced.

And it's because this country is full of ignorant, arrogant, uneducated fucks that the terrorist attacks happened. Most of the people in the Middle East have only experienced who we are through our military, which is not at all a positive image.

How is our ignorance to blame but not theirs? That's rather unfair

Political blunders aside, I've heard that McCain has a significant anger problem and I'd be wary of electing someone like that. I wouldn't trust someone with the presidency if they were prone to making rash, reactionary decisions.

I, for the life of me, cannot decide on a candidate. I don't like any of them. I've turned to third party candidates, but of these I can't find anyone either! What the fuck's up with the Libertarian party candidate? The idea behind libertarianism is that as far as economics go, it's mostly conservative; but for social/individual rights, it's liberal. I just looked up Bob Barr, and as far as economics go, I like him. But as far as gay marriage, the war on drugs, legalization of drugs, and religion go he's nowhere near what libertarianism is supposed to stand for. As far as abortion goes, it's always been a topic of debate amongst libertarians; but Barr doesn't support pro-choice either.:mad:

So many small third party candidates are Christians or even pastors, which I want to avoid at all costs. I used to be for Mike Huckabee until I read some of his positions regarding Christianity and this country. :erk: And I can find no parties that reject a strong foundation in religion except for parties that exhibit a liberal economic agenda, and I don't want that.

The closest thing I can find is the Constitutionalist Party, which adamently advocates freedom of religion and separation of church and state. They are very open towards freedom of the individual but still maintain a very laissez faire economic policy. Unfortunately, this party is not a real party, in essence. It hasn't taken that step yet, and has no presidential nominee. I'm completely lost when it comes to voting. Most of the people running are morons or smart people that I simply don't agree with.

I'm sorry lads, but it's looking like McCain takes the cake for now. Even if it is to my dismay as well...

actually, part of the reason we were attacked is because of the lack of intel/defense funding. something the dems love to cut. kerry even ran for president saying he would cut intel funding.

and yeah, perhaps some more funding could have improved the intel on iraq before the war.

cutting defense spending is a terrible idea. if there is one thing that needs to be funded more than education, its defense. those should be our nations top 2 concerns. everything else can fuck off.
~gR~

actually, part of the reason we were attacked is because of the lack of intel/defense funding. something the dems love to cut. kerry even ran for president saying he would cut intel funding.

Politics of fear are much more expensive than straight diplomacy. If we were all two-year-olds we would need that kind of logic in the way we conduct ourselves in the world.

and yeah, perhaps some more funding could have improved the intel on iraq before the war.

First of all, if we went by proper intel we wouldn't have gone to war at all.

We had the proper intel because it was so incredibly funded, but the Bush administration twisted it to suit their purposes.

cutting defense spending is a terrible idea. if there is one thing that needs to be funded more than education, its defense. those should be our nations top 2 concerns. everything else can fuck off.

You think having the most well-funded defense program would make us all feel safer? Statistics show that the majority of our citizens don't feel safer.

You think having the most well-funded defense program would make us all feel safer? Statistics show that the majority of our citizens don't feel safer.

Who cares how people feel. Having a large defense budget is a necessity

I'm sorry lads, but it's looking like McCain takes the cake for now. Even if it is to my dismay as well...

:erk: McCain is just going to prolong the war

This is rediculous. Do you want similar terrorist acts to happen again?

And it's because this country is full of ignorant, arrogant, uneducated fucks that the terrorist attacks happened.

Bullshit. Do you have any reasoning behind this?

Mathiäs;7328223 said:
Who cares how people feel. Having a large defense budget is a necessity

If people did care how people felt, we wouldn't need to waste money on defense.

This is rediculous. Do you want similar terrorist acts to happen again?
Your spelling is ridiculous. And your logic. The terrorists attacked us as a response to our military, and cultural, interfering with the terrorists' home countries. We fuck with them, they fuck with us. If we set an example of tolerance and respect of their values, they will find no need to attack us.

Bullshit. Do you have any reasoning behind this?

It all depends on whether you prefer tyrrany and security, or freedom.