Who has the best growl in ALL of metal.

pretty soon each new band that arrives will have its own genre, eliminating the purpose of genres altogether. im fine with like, metal, blues, jazz, world music etc. but when theres like, technical blackened progressive rock, it annoys me

i heard porcupine tree were inspired by the zombiegrind scene, especially on deadwing

pretty soon each new band that arrives will have its own genre, eliminating the purpose of genres altogether. im fine with like, metal, blues, jazz, world music etc. but when theres like, technical blackened progressive rock, it annoys me

this

:OMG:

I dont believe.I REALLY DONT FUCKING BELIEVE IT.
Three pages of shit like Dani Filth and Glen Benton yet NO-ONE mentioned Ross Dolan,the (By a long shot) greatest death metal vocalist around today and probably of all time.
I should probably stop coming here.
glen benton has tons of power in his growling.
I practice vocals,and i can tell you that he's damn powerful

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)

Phenomenal in his voice ranges. Soft to harsh, creates the most beautiful music and can appeal to anybody... I wish I could give him the status of a progressive death metal god, but there are other bands that are in the same genre that play just (and trust me, even more) beautifully with great performance.

Lord Worm (old Cryptopsy [before the new vocalists came in and sucked])

He may have been undecipherable in the early 1990's, but he was so fucking great with those death vocals. He is Unique.

Mikko Knappe (Dark Suns)

Vocalist from a progressive death metal band. Think Opeth, but very different sound as well. Phenomenal performance for a new-ish death metal band. Absolutely beautiful vocalizing (and I must say, amazing VERY deep vocals from their first album).

Mikko Aspa (Deathspell Omega)

The band itself is philosophical due to their extreme ideas of comparing God, Satan, and man's relationship with the two. This vocalist is absolutely what defines black metal in its true form. If you're not into that stuff, don't listen; the guy has very philosophical views. His lyrics are meticulous and the music he writes is all for the Satan worshiping. The melodies fit perfectly to his style.

Quorthon (Bathory)

Amazing in his own way. Write very memorable songs and fits. Too bad he died. :(

Anyway,THE best is Akerfeldt.
His growls are deep,dark,powerful and long. And they have a dry sound,wich help to the atmosphere. His screams are equally awesome. best evah

The second is Johan Hegg from Amon Amarth. In some situation I could put him over akerfeldt.
He's got a VERY wide range of pitches,from very high to very low.
His screams are beastly,and he can come out with a mix of a war-cry and a growl that is fucking kick ass.

The third is Chris Barnes,in every era.
He's got a deep and low growl,that reminds to me a zombie on steroids. His highs seems to come out from an horror movie. And he can do screeches VERY,VERY well.

The fourth is corpsegrinder.
In the last years the sound of his growling turned a bit too up.
His best feature is the screaming. So high,clean and outrageous! And in many songs he screams for VERY long.