Are you going to MDF 2011?

• Probably going - DO NOT want to share a room

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Arlight, I guess I'll take the initiative and play a role in setting up this year's MDF shit-show.

In brief: MDF is a 4-day event this year, from Thursday, May 26th to Sunday, May 29th. Not all will choose to go Thursday and will come Friday. So this year I would like all who are interested in joining us at the hotel to indicate (1) whether you are going, (2) how sure you are on a commitment, (3) whether you want to join us in our hotel situation and finally (4) whether you are coming on Thursday or Friday. Please indicate in the poll above.

Also, when posting please indicate whether you have bought your ticket.Nothing is more annoying than having confirmed people back out last minute because they couldn't buy their ticket. Also tell us your age, for reasons you will see below.

We will be checking out of the hotel on Monday morning, the 30th.

For liability's sake we will get two rooms, one for 21+ people and one for under 21 people. I would like somebody from the under 21 group to volunteer setting up the kiddie room. If people over 21 would still like to be in the kiddie room, that's fine, just indicate where you want to be. Obviously, the more people we have, the less money all of us collectively pay. So far we have an effectively clean record with the hotel management but on the other hand we have had nothing but a damn good time each year.

Grant and I are driving down from Boston on Thursday, hopefully with a couple other people (Nick probably, maybe Kris, (or Kevin Y? Dan?).

Grant, I'll help you out in managing this thread. You have experience with dealing with the hotel. Hope that's fair.

Should be a blast.

21+/Party Room
zabu of nod
Zephyrus
VelociBrad
cookiecutter
Cythraul
brooks55
Kevin Young
Dan Martin

Kiddie Room
Addo of Nex
Master_Yoda77 (+1 bro)
KafKax (possible +1)
Lord Bleull
mutantllama
Mort Divine

Still not entirely sure if I'm going, but I strongly desire to go. I have to figure out what my finances will look like, which I'll know more about within the next couple of weeks. Then I'll decide whether I'm going. I could definitely afford it, but I'm really freaked out about spending that kind of money right now.

Yeah yeah zeph, I front the money and you do all the talking. I see how it goes.

I have my ticket and am dead set barring crippling illness or employer tyranny.

I'd go and even pick someone up on the way. I don't really like the idea of driving alone from Brooklyn to ML. Sounds like fun and something I've definitely never done before...

I keep telling myself that I'll have to think about it for financial reasons (and the fact that the lineup is so weak in comparison to other years), but in reality I'm pretty much certainly going to be there. I won't officially declare a stance for a while though. If I do go, it'll be with the rest of my crew who will be arriving on Thursday.

Are you fucking kidding me? Absolutely.

1) Yes
2) Positive (like Grant said, unless someone dies or emergencies ensue)
3) Yes
4) 20 :cry:

Also, a good question to ask would be if they plan on going to the show on Thusrday. The Peoria Buttsecks Brigade will likely arrive on Thursday again, and I personally would love to go that night, but if others decide that they want to chill, I'd have no problem with this.

Money is tight for me right now (lol tickets, attornys, stupid shit) but I should be getting my ticket very fucking soon. Like...within a month.

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces, and Chris, you better fucking be there. Who else are Guy and I going to laugh with when we watch the video for Manannán?

I have no intention of missing Cathedral. Hoping I can make it into Baltimore around 7 or 8.