Who is the future of metal?

Dissection shall return to lead the next wave of metal... (Not Nu-metal, they will be extincted after the media finishes over-exposing them) We needs bands like Opeth, Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Mercyful Fate, and the Knot to step up and show sorry @sses like Crazytown and Linkin Park that metal is heavy and insane, not all hip-hoppy and rap!!! HAIL DISECTION!!! One more year before Jon returns to rule metal once more!!!

Nu Metal = Sh*t!!!

If, by Knot you mean Slipknot then I must disagree. I mean, their statement "You have to live your life to the fullest" is right on the spot but I don't think their music (which the singer analoguously linked to the statement) respresents this. It's nothing but mindless "turn up the volume and I'll show you some growling and screaming" music, overhyped by the band themselves as well as the media.

They are nothing better than Linkin Park and the rest of the Nu metal cr*p.

Ok I am going to settle this once and for all...

,,, Poison is going to make a comeback and lead the next wave of the Metal Generation! WOoooo! :p

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:eek:

you have just described a scenario that dwarfs even the WTC attacks for spreading worldwide terror and destruction!

wait, if we could somehow send c.c. & co over to kabul for a free concert, i bet osama would give himself up... :D :D :D

I think it is a disgrace that nu-metal (sould be named nu-crapshit r whatever) is categorized (not sure about the spelling) as metal, has anybody heard of this band called Linkin Park(of course, they are every where), they're pathetic and about as much metal as boyzone. I think that heavy and complex riffs should be something to expect of metal bands but nowadays the only thing you need is to have been sexually molested as a child by some family member or a neighbour, to name a few a Linkin park member, Johnathan D of Korn and a host of others. I think that many metalheads are turning more towards hardcore, I think Buiried alive is one of the heaviest bands to day, they puke on Linkin park, disturbed( don't get me started that´s not even music) Limp bizkit(what the hell??? ) and so many others that should die.

Yeah, F*ck Nu-Metal! When Dissection returns, Metal shall finally burst into the media's face and show the world that we are HARDCORE!!!!!! Italy Rulz!!! HAIL DISSECTION!!!

well hopefully Mustains idea of trying to reunite the metal community of Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Pantera for a tour will work because I honestly think that they have what it takes to restore metal to its true form after those guys though I have no idea whats in store for metal but I garantee it'll never be the same.

Opeth, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil, Iced Earth... and other such bands that have created their own genre in metal, are heavy-music's future. (and no, i didn't say that because i like the bands, because i really don't like iced earth's new releases.... i just think they are one of the 'metal of the future' bands)

Basically, HEAVY-METAL is no more. We will never again see bands like Old Metallica, and Old Megadeth.... THEY are the bands that created metal. I think metal will further divide itself into more and more genres, untill there isn't just one classification.

if your wanna hear the future of metal go to Spiral Architect's "A Sceptic's Universe". that is the craziest shit i've, and i can safely say anyone will ever hear. it is technical, intense to the point of border lining thrash, and the musicianship! they combine this crazy jazz fusion with this off the wall technical metal and throw in so many strange time changes...its mind blowing!! if bethoven or mozart were alive right now and played guitars, this is what they would write. Spiral Architect is not only the best metal band out there right now, they're are also monsters of music theory. you won't find boring repetitive downtuned riffs here cuz its not even riff based!! its fast and everchanging progressive metal that never repeats itself and the kyrics are very deep, no "its been awhile" shit here. just a couple of real musicians playing metal conveying the message to question society and to search for truth in a world built on lies...in other words; to be skeptical. throw away all your metallica and megadeth albums and go buy spiral architect right now. you won't look back.

MY OPINION - "Heavy Metal" is far from dead!!! I have yet to stray from the world of "Heavy Metal" since I was brought into it 18 years ago. NO I don't just listen to "Old Metal" (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Guns and Roses, W.A.S.P., etc.), and I haven't listened to the radio (not internet radio) since KNAC went off the air.
For the past 10 years, while my Headbanging buddies of Jr. High and High School went along with the crowd and trends of the time, I have stood alone, Proud and EXTREMELY satisfied with the music that has been put out, from new bands and old.
You can't see "Heavy Metal" on T.V. and definitley not hear it on the radio these days. So forget what is in Billboard or who's getting awards.
If your source for "Heavy Metal" is listening to the radio and watching T.V., it is obvious (and Totally Absurd) that you would think the genre is dead. STOP watching music and start listening! I laugh my ass off when people can not mention the INCREDIBLY GREAT music of the 80's (Thank GOD I grew up then and not now!) without saying "BIG HAIR". People who think like that are just missing out on the excellent music that was the heyday of "Heavy Metal".
In the last few years there have been births of geniune "Heavy Metal" bands. NO RAP, NO DEPRESSING STORIES OF HOW SHITTY LIFE IS, NO RAP, AND NOOO RAP!!! A couple of bands that I love to brag about (the kind of music that I live for) are White Skull, Steel Attack, & Hammerfall. And there is sooooo much more PURE ROCKIN' METAL out there, you just have to look and LISTEN!
For those of you who never let "Heavy Metal" out of your soul and never followed a music trend in your life............LET THE METAL GODS TAKE YOU TO YOUR GRAVE!!!!

Black4Ever

P.S. - I gotta say it again.......if you think "Heavy Metal" is dead because you don't see it on T.V. or hear it on the radio or because it is not on the shows you watch or movies you see, in my opinion, YOU ARE NOT A FAN OF "HEAVY METAL" MUSIC!

It's hard to speculate about the future of anything. I think the future of metal is currently in diapers & they will not make an impact until about 20 years from now. I think for the most part, just about every band plays it safe & they take little to no risks...

That's just my theory.

Hell, it may not even be metal the way we see it now. A lot more bands are doing experimental type stuff and it's starting to catch on a bit more as people open their minds. 15 years ago had you put a tape into my player that sounded like modern Ulver, I would have laughed and thrown it out. Someone will come out with the next big sound for metal and they'll lead the charge into the next couple of decades.

Shadows Fall, Opeth, Children of Bodom (possibly), and In Flames (defiantly). Those will get big soon. Shadows Fall is already blowing up huge, and they are fucking metal as hell. Opeth's progressive stuff seems to be more accepted every day, and In Flames now sounds like Slipknot with better guitar work, better vocals, and much better writing. I can see a future for all of 'em.

I think warped time/key signatures is the future:

Look at what Meshuggah did with Future Breed Machine - totally redefined thrash. They would have been the future of metal if the last few albums weren't so dissapointing. I'm really surprised that few bands have evolved their style since that album. It should have had a massive impact, but it didn't.

Tavaron said:
Shadows Fall, Opeth, Children of Bodom (possibly), and In Flames (defiantly). Those will get big soon. Shadows Fall is already blowing up huge, and they are fucking metal as hell. Opeth's progressive stuff seems to be more accepted every day, and In Flames now sounds like Slipknot with better guitar work, better vocals, and much better writing. I can see a future for all of 'em.
I don't know a whole lot about Opeth, but I like your picks. I would welcome those bands to take metal to a whole new level.

just because a band isn't in the light of the mainstream doesn't mean that they can't be leaders. an example of this would be iced earth, blind guardian, dark funeral, cannibal corpse, destruction, kreator, testament, lacuna coil, and many more. @ Mark - the future is now and whether people like it or not, they are leading the pack as we speak. believe me when i say this, but we don't really need metallica (screw the brown nosers, i have no time to reply to such ridiculous responses as "metallica needs your support more than ever" or "metallica is, and always will be metal") or mtv for that matter, and thanx to the internet, we have just gained a very valuable ally in the war against the terrorist known as mtv and nu-metal. and yes, they are terrorist in the metaphorical sense of the word.

as far as bands that will spearhead the next metal movement-
I have to agree-
Shadows fall
In Flames
Opeth
COB
and quite possibly-Lacuna Coil(I have noitced they are gaining some fans as of late!)

I am hoping that those who get into those bands, will dig deeper..and be rewarded!