Who the f**k makes these laws?

1lb of Naked Nutrition said:
This analogy is flawed. When you eat a cherry pie, you're not spitting crumbs of pie crust in your neighbor's face.
you aren't harming anyone but yourself (and fellow smokers) when you smoke in a designated smoking area. i mean at least as someone who is pro-smoking, i try to compromise. the anti-smoking crusade is unwavering. NO SMOKING BAD SMOKING IT IS TEH DEBIL IT SHOULDN'T EXIST etc.

AntiGraphics.jpg

1lb of Naked Nutrition said:
Is it really such a huge favor to ask smokers who are the minority (unless you're from some hick state like Virgina) to put their oral fixation aside for a couple hours, so people who would like to get pissfaced can do so without breathing that vile shit? Who wants to come home smelling like an ashtray?

This analogy is flawed. When you eat a cherry pie, you're not spitting crumbs of pie crust in your neighbor's face.

Correct on both accounts.

I can't stand smelling like smoke either; it's fucking great to wake up the morning after being in the bars all night and not stinking like a fucking ashtray.

markgugs said:
Again, I say this as a smoker:

In the future, people/historians/whatnot will look back on these "smoker-friendly" times and think WTF, what fucking morons.

We're but a blip. And smoking is ridiculous. I like it though. :cool:

Agreed, anyone who thinks that measures like the infamous NYC smoking ban are excessive and who think it's the non-smoker's responsibility to shield themselves from second hand smoke are idiots. Of course, this is coming from someone who's never lit up in his life, so maybe some of you do honestly feel like you're getting oppressed...

smoking allowed in establishments serving alcohol IF:

- there is no "paid" event on the premises (concert, dance, any other performance)
- there is no food served
- the place serves alcohol ONLY

basically if a bar is a booze only joint ... smoke them fuckers

lurch70 said:
smoking allowed in establishments serving alcohol IF:

- there is no "paid" event on the premises (concert, dance, any other performance)
- there is no food served
- the place serves alcohol ONLY

basically if a bar is a booze only joint ... smoke them fuckers

I could deal with that. The problem is that there aren't bars for people who DON'T smoke/don't want to be around smoke.

The lamest thing involving smoking - (and I don't know if all businesses tolerate this). Smoking in the work place. Now I'm not talking about the 1 quick smoke on your 10 minute coffee break. No, i'm referring to the fucks who leave their seats every hour on the hour to go light one up. My co worker and boss are literally out of their work stations for over an hour a day for smoke-athons. Seriously, nobody fucking says a damn thing either. Do people consider this an involuntary act that needs to be taken care of? On the same plain as taking a shit or a piss? Why not just allow alcoholics to go the lounge and take a shot of whisky every 60 mins to quench their inebriating thirst?

now i'm going to start lighting random bars on fire. second hand building burning smoke on all yer gay asses. :dopey:

AsModEe said:
ahah, don't tell me what I know. I believe in what I said, smoking should have never existed in the first place, it's a plague that uses our dependance to chemical substance. It makes us weak.

So I'm guessing you don't drink either aye?

I could never see level with you on this at all, if only based on the important historic backround of tobacco. Same goes for booze.

markgugs said:
I could deal with that. The problem is that there aren't bars for people who DON'T smoke/don't want to be around smoke.

let me reiterate ... you are fucked already because you are drinking :loco:

why do boozers always think they are doing something healthy to themselves? :tickled:

lurch70 said:
also there are other problems arising in Manhattan for expample where in bar congested areas, the smokers now take it to the street and basically cause havoc in the dead of night in residential areas. Already there are grass roots campaigns by community organizations to boot bars out of neighbourhoods ...

At least the bars in my part of canada, it's a self contained outdoor smoking area. But you can't access the street. You're still "in the bar" but you are outdoors and there are doors keeping the smoke out.

And to the people who say "OHHHH you don't like smoke so don't go to a bar".... MAYBE i enjoy my fucking bar crawls. BUT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke and don't want to be forced to inhale that shit just to go to the bar and get shittered with my buddies. If you can't stand having to go sit on the patio to smoke, your fucking loss.

BUT this isn't about the non-smoker customers. This is about the staff, who work in this establishments on long hours (bar or not). They're breathing in more smoke than if they smoked a fuckton of packs a day. It's not fair to them, and most of these people, hardly have the luxury of saying "i quit, i'm going to work somewhere else".

If you believe otherwise, i'ms orry, but you're fucking delusional and clueless as to how the world works.

edit: As to the whole "you're drinking so you're already fucking yourself up" arguement. Thats not much of one. Just cause you're fucking yourself doesn't mean you have to do a double whammy. Thats like saying "you drink which is unhealthy, so you might as well eat sticks of fucking butter too! cause thats also unhealthy"

Lurch- You can go to a bar have one glass of wine for your heart and hit on broads. What's unhealthy with that? :loco:

Edit- I applaud Iconoclastics post. Not for once did I think about the poor bartender's lungs.

why is everyone (ie: gov't) so concerned about everyones health in the last 10-15 years???
does everyone really want to live forever?

lurch70 said:
why is everyone (ie: gov't) so concerned about everyones health in the last 10-15 years???
does everyone really want to live forever?

I hardly want to live forever. At times I dont' want to live at all. However, I want to die by a means of my choosing, and personally, i'd rather not die by my lunging turning into something that looks like it was dredged from the mississipi. or be forced to breathe through a hole in my neck. Kthx.

BTW.... If you don't like not being able to smoke in bars. Don't go to bars or clubs.

at this point i really feel it should be up to the owner ... to make a bar smokefree or not ... everyone will know

staff will be aware when apllying for the position ... ok ... I am working in a smoke filled bar ... check
customer ... this bar is for smokers ... check

what's wrong with that

I do feel the law is a little too restricting

so the average lifespan keeps going up so they can keep raising the retirement age and never have to pay social security to anyone.

i mean, because the gov't cares. :rolleyes:

KILL TULLY said:
So I'm guessing you don't drink either aye?

I could never see level with you on this at all, if only based on the important historic backround of tobacco. Same goes for booze.
I drink on some occasions, yes, but the difference is that drinking isn't dangerous for other people (unless they are drinking and driving) around. But, yes, if I follow my own judgement, we could also say alcohol should have never existed too, with all the problems it caused in the past. The world would get very boring without alcohol, but maybe we would be more evolved as a society. Who knows.

lurch70 said:
at this point i really feel it should be up to the owner ... to make a bar smokefree or not ... everyone will know
staff will be aware when apllying for the position ... ok ... I am working in a smoke filled bar ... check
customer ... this bar is for smokers ... check
what's wrong with that
I do feel the law is a little too restricting

And what bar owner is going to cut his own profits by alienating not just smokers, but the smokers friends who are going to the bar with him?

They'd go fucking broke.

well ... this is why its called a business.

smokers bars ... non smokers bars.