Why Are Most Metalheads so Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Jay

New Metal Member
Aug 23, 2006
Texas, United States
www.myspace.com
I just don't get it why most metalheads are so mean they act ruthless because they don't like people or sometimes for no reason. It drives me crazy everytime I meet a new mean metalhead cause it gives metal a horrible repuatation because of the people. What are your thoughts.

I think from my observations, its just online. When I meet a person who's into metal I'm generally 'cool' with. I could care less if someone listens to a band like Trivium. However, online people (rightfully) have the freedom they want to say what they want - online you don't need to back it up. In person, if someone went to a Trivium concert and starting yelling at the band and calling their fans names, they'd probably get their ass kicked in the best case scenario.

I'm assuming your inspiration for this thread was me, so to address this point, I'll just say that I'm not "mean," I just respond harshly to stupidity and ignorance. And sometimes I just like to fuck around and have some fun at the expense of others.

I just don't get it why most metalheads are so mean they act ruthless because they don't like people or sometimes for no reason. It drives me crazy everytime I meet a new mean metalhead cause it gives metal a horrible repuatation because of the people. What are your thoughts.

Maybe they're unpleasant to you.

You never know, the fact that you're an irritating fucktard might play a role in how you experience interactions with others.

:lol: you should do that he's the best member of In Flames imo.

He is. He used to be so much better. 'Tis a shame that now all he does is drink and smoke. Drinks so much he passed out on my chest:rolleyes:

anyways, back on topic, I've seen some asshole metalheads and some nice metalheads, majority of them being nice. But if you run into some asshole metalheads, don't bother them and leave them to themselves. I've kicked and beaten a few of them at shows, it's actually quite pleasant.

I'm guessing your only interaction with metalheads is online, which might have something to do with it. Most people online are bastards. Go to a concert or two, i've met some of the nicest people there.

There are really three sorts of stereotypes that listen to metal in my opinion, there are the elitists who like elitists with anything are Nazis. There are Metallectuals who have (or want) the smarts about everything and like it for more then it sounds good and there are Radio Metalheads (and most junior high students) who listen to metal because it is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.