Why Death metal?

madu said:
BUT FROM AN ETHICAL VIEWPOINT BLACK METAL IS MORE POLITICALLY CORRECT THAN WHITE METAL

Really? There's a difference between black and white?

Wow, I'm going to have to start treating certian people differently to others, in case someone thinks I'm being 'racist'.

([/sarcasm type stuff])

MetalBooger said:
1) Why not life metal?

2) does it mean your twisted or disturbed if you listen to teh death metal?

3) Define this shit.

4) And other than the instrumentals, why is it good?

1) Why not indeed ?

2) No. I am not TEH TWIZTED LOL!!!!!!1111111

3) Look it up yourself, lazy fucker. www.google.com

4) Not all of it is. Some of it is, but there are lots of reasons why. I like say, Carcass, because I think their sarcastic lyrics meld seemlessly with their timeless riffing. I like Obituary because I don't like Celtic Frost past Morbid Tales...it really depends on the band. I don't like Vader in the same way as I like Dismember, for example...why do you like Power metal ? Is it because of TEH SWORDZ n DRAGONZ RULLORRZZZ ????? LOL!!!!!!!11111

Well this tread is ridiculous. It is like asking us "Why not weak metal?" or "Why not white metal?". The thing about death metal is their lyrics like "you should be dead burning in hell", maybe people will start life metal with shitty lyrics like "Life is good, make the best of it...". I admit, I don't know why black metal is black metal.

MetalBooger said:
Why not life metal? does it mean your twisted or disturbed if you listen to teh death metal? Define this shit cuz im mostly into heavy and power metal. And other than the instrumentals, why is it good?

...yeah because dragons are more reality based than themes used in death metal!!!

murlam said:
i don't think the name death metal really suits some bands like opeth because its not all heavy!

Except Opeth sounds pretty damn heavy to the majority of people who've never heard Death Metal before.

Oh and technically, Opeth isn't Death Metal.

"Greater than the sum of its parts" is a term I'm happy to use for most first wave bands (except maybe Venom), Bathory being the primest of examples. Listen more, listen deeper, try listening when you're in different moods, different states of mind, whatever it takes 'till it clicks, because I assure you, there's more to it than face value.

[/profound wank]

I can't get into Bathory (or Burzum) either, a shame too, I really feel like I'm missing out on something :(

WNxScythe said:
I can't get into Bathory (or Burzum) either, a shame too, I really feel like I'm missing out on something :(

I can't get into bathory. I'm missing the point because people making claims that the guy creating bathory is one of the greatest metal musicians,etc.. I expect some really neat guitar & what not failing to be impressed. I am missing the point.

Actually now want nothing to do with the band or fans after seeing recent posts on this forum.

I won't critisize your translation because I know English isn't your first language, but that goes as "In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are king".

That reminds me, I need to listen to Dead can Dance now.

Death Metal is a style and a genre; It's not a guideline saying 'you need to sing/growl about death and decay'.
So in theory, is isn't all about death. I have heard songs from 'death metal' bands which have turned out to be the most mellow, melodic and beautiful songs I ever heard.