why does beer make you so fucking fat!

myownsilence

The Influenced
Jan 10, 2007
www.myspace.com
Ok so I might get a few flames here but I like my beer, and I know someone in katatonia does too, but it doesnt take long for it to pile the weight on, and Im finding it hard to shave of a few pounds now, but for god sake the best nectar in the world and it makes you increase in size at an alarming rate.

write a song about it!:kickass:

I imagine most of us on here are pretty miserable bastards- but by no means not all....

its easy to let the alcohol slide down to cure a few pains of life, shame its so hard though to just spend an evening alone without it.

Fortunately I don't have the problem (yet). I usually have to cycle (correct english?) over an hour a day because I live so far from the city, so perhaps that's a good tip. On the other hand, I still my have my life as a student to look forward to, so perhaps I'll open a similar thread in two years haha.

Beer has alot of calories and alot of sugar. when you drink beer that sugar will settle in you're stomach making you a fatass. i drink alot of beer but keep myself in shape by working out with my chuck norris endorsed total gym and lift free weights also alot of push ups and crunches.

I jog and lift weights and do some regular excercising...ain't in the best shape though, but I've looked the same for about a year and I'm not complaining.

1035851823_l.jpg

Now you will never Drink or even eat again!

Beer has alot of calories and alot of sugar. when you drink beer that sugar will settle in you're stomach making you a fatass. i drink alot of beer but keep myself in shape by working out with my chuck norris endorsed total gym and lift free weights also alot of push ups and crunches.

The wisdom of Sparrowsblood states "chuck Norris does not sleep....he waits!!!"

Chuck_norris_punch.gif

370814876_m.jpg

Ehm, regular beer (pilsener) does not contain sugar..

Why is this? It’s because alcohol cannot be used directly by the muscles, and instead travels straight into the bloodstream, from where it has to be metabolised before the body can make use of more preferable fuel sources, such as carbohydrate or fat. According to the Journal of Endurance, fat-burning and protein synthesis are lowered by as much as 20% while the body is digesting and metabolising alcohol. It takes roughly an hour for each unit of alcohol to be metabolised. Consume it too regularly and research shows that alcohol will suppress fat oxidation and promote fat storage – the exact opposite of what you want! And – even worse – this excess fat tends to accumulate around the waist, thereby creating the proverbial beer belly.

OK so, keep drinking beer, but for every beer you drink, think of it as a sandwich, and eat less carbs in that day. If you eat a high fat/protein meal like MEAT for lunch, then nothing else, and then drink 12 beers, you should be within your caloric limit for the day :p

I deal with the weight-gain prospects of drinking quite easily. I adhere to the alcohol vs weight index for the first 4 hours, getting completely shitfaced at a very controlled pace. I then let my inner demon take over and choose to down another round, regardless of the fact that I can barely read the menu. I will choose something like A Kick in the Balls (rum based, absolute opposite of beer and should never be consumed in tandem), drink it fast, participate in stupid antics for 30 minutes ala icebang, and then will head home. Once home, I will begin to shake uncontrollably, and will spend the next 2 hours crying and vomiting. I have never gained a beer belly as a result.

Ok so I might get a few flames here but I like my beer, and I know someone in katatonia does too, but it doesnt take long for it to pile the weight on, and Im finding it hard to shave of a few pounds now, but for god sake the best nectar in the world and it makes you increase in size at an alarming rate.

write a song about it!:kickass:

I imagine most of us on here are pretty miserable bastards- but by no means not all....

its easy to let the alcohol slide down to cure a few pains of life, shame its so hard though to just spend an evening alone without it.

Just switch to wine, will you. It's the best. Won't make you fat. :rolleyes:

I drink loads of beer (and everything else) and it's never made me fat. Just lay off the kebabs!

Have katatonia publicised this past time?

~Anyhow Im not fat yet (well ok 13 stone) but i just worry about getting to over weight.. I want V to fancy me! (hey i need some motivation here please go with me on this)