Why does Opeth like Martins so much?

Mikael has a complex about being named "Mikael".
All his life, he has wanted to be named "Martin", but now, since he has made a big name in music. He has decided to keep his christian name. He makes up to this with only accepting bandmembers whose name is Martin.
Peter Lindgren and Per Wiberg's middle names are in fact Martin.

This is completely true, he said so in an interview with a swedish magazine.

*EHRM*

Disclaimer: All is true, except the part from "Mikael has a complex" all the way to "Swedish magazine".

The given name Martin is an Anglicization of the Roman name Martinus, derived from Mars, the god of war. The name is thus likely to have an Etruscan derivation (see Mars). Martin is also a common family name in many countries, especially English, French and Spanish speaking ones.

Martin was a particularly popular name in the Middle Ages due to the fame of Saint Martin of Tours.

It has also been popular among Protestants due to Martin Luther. In addition, Black American children are often given the name in honor of Martin Luther King.

I've no explination for Opeth's love of the name Martin

Oh, yeah, FYI, my name is Martin.

That, plus I'm from sweden, and I play instruments almost makes me a member of Opeth!! ...

Yeah...

Powers said:
The given name Martin is an Anglicization of the Roman name Martinus, derived from Mars, the god of war. The name is thus likely to have an Etruscan derivation (see Mars). Martin is also a common family name in many countries, especially English, French and Spanish speaking ones.

Martin was a particularly popular name in the Middle Ages due to the fame of Saint Martin of Tours.

It has also been popular among Protestants due to Martin Luther. In addition, Black American children are often given the name in honor of Martin Luther King.

I've no explination for Opeth's love of the name Martin

Mikael is a warmonger? :ill:

I like the Martins to ( Guitars ) ..Sometimes I ask if the other guitars are called acoustic guitar then what is a Martin?