Why I can't get into Black Metal

Life Sucks said:
Not really. If you don't like stuff like Graveland, the only kind of black metal you would be likely to enjoy is pseudo black metal crap such as Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Absu, Hecate Enthroned, Old Man's Child, etc.

Wait, what the fuck are you doing putting Absu in there? I mean really, they're not exactly clean cut black metal, but they're hardly "psuedo".

Life Sucks said:
Not really. If you don't like stuff like Graveland, the only kind of black metal you would be likely to enjoy is pseudo black metal crap such as Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Absu, Hecate Enthroned, Old Man's Child, etc.

You fucking idiot. I like all kinds of black metal that you wouldn't consider "pseudo black metal crap" but at the same time I don't really like Graveland. So how is it possible that I can dislike Graveland, yet like a bunch of bands that you probably like and deem "true"? By your reasoning, I should be listening to shit like Dimmu Borgir. Can't you see the absurdity?

Demiurge said:
I recall posts in which you distinctly said that you like Graveland.

I probably liked 'em a bit when I first heard a long time ago.

Cythraul said:
You fucking idiot. I like all kinds of black metal that you wouldn't consider "pseudo black metal crap" but at the same time I don't really like Graveland. So how is it possible that I can dislike Graveland, yet like a bunch of bands that you probably like and deem "true"? By your reasoning, I should be listening to shit like Dimmu Borgir. Can't you see the absurdity?
^ kthx.

Edgecrusher said:
Good black metal with good production: "To Enter Pagan" by Primordial (the remastered version on 'The Burning Season' EP)

Primordial > lots of black metal bands, and lots of other kinds of bands!

There is a big difference between raw and raw. Some bands try to get the kind of special atmosphere so they use the rehearsal room like sound to great the perfect fitting mood. Sadly some bands exaggerate the whole thing, listen to the south american scene or bands like Mirkhall (a Horna sideproject). This sound is really what I would say thats bad raw.
Graveland is more really good raw and strong sounding, compared to the low budget stuff mention above....

Life Sucks said:

:err:

That's too much of a generalization.

I never knew Emperor was pseudo Black Metal before Anthems. And I never knew Absu was crap.